Search

Nantucket Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Islander

Nantucket Hotels

Looking for a nice hotel - not an inn - on Nantucket. In-town would be great; ocean view is preferred. Would like romance and privacy! Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 01:29 PM
sn

White Elephant is the only way to go.

http://www.whiteelephanthotel.com/

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:26 PM
wondering

What about Cliffside Beach Club or Beachside? Are these the same place? Anybody been to either? The Nantucket Inn (100 rooms) and the new Harbor House Village look interesting, too.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:40 PM
tk

Must agree with White Elephant. Stayed there after booking a impromptu september trip 2 years ago. First night we were at the Harbor House Village and hated it. Grabbed a sunday paper and transfered over to W-E actually for a betterprice at the time. It is really lovely with a nice pool and island feel. The Village has a condo complex feel compared to the White Elephant having a resort feel. GL

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 04:54 PM
x

Do not consider the Nantucket Inn. It across the street from the airport and is basically a motel. My first choice to fit your list would also be the White Elephant.

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Islander

Wow, I appreciate the feedback. Shows how advertisements and brochures can be so misleading! You folks are why I love this site. Thanks again.