Boothbay Harbor -Where to stay

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Big Daddy

Boothbay Harbor -Where to stay

We are planning a very special birthday vacation in Boothbay in October. We are looking for the very very nicest place on the water with a balcony overlooking the harbor. Price is not a consideration since this will be a special trip. We really want the best-most luxurious place in the area.
Thank you for your recommendation.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Judy

I don't think Bootbhay has any "5 star" hotels. However I think Spruce Point Inn is closest to what you want. After that the next best would be Ocean Point, Fisherman's Wharf, Rocktide Inn. All of these places have rooms on and off the water and each have a restaurant. Many hotels close Columbus Day weekend so that may limit your choice.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 12:34 PM
JennS

The Anchor Watch is a very nice B&B that does have rooms with balcony on the water!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Kristen

My parents just returned from Boothbay. They said they would go back to the Spruce Point Inn in a second - stayed in the Admirals Quarters and had a wonderful/huge room and fantastic view.

Have fun!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Donna

I think the best harbor views are from the Queen Corner rooms at the Tugboat Inn. You may also want to consider Ocean Point or the Gables Inn in East Boothbay. Both have websites. You might want to check out lots of lodging possibilities at www.boothbayharbor.com. We did not like Spruce Point. Too far to walk to "town" and the pine needles all over, all over, drove us mad.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Andy

Big Daddy- WHATEVER you do, make sure the BnB or hotel that you stay at is NOT next to a ferry landing-

You will be awakened at the crack of dawn and get no sleep!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Jackie

Brown's Wharf Inn is beautifully kept and is on the quiet side of the harbor. Every room has a great view of the harbor and the marina in front of the bldg. It is a 3 story motel, as opposed to an inn despite its name. Anywhere on the harbor, the lobster fishermen will start up their loud, diesel engines around 4:30AM but we think it adds to the atmosphere!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 06:11 AM
ann

I stayed at Admiral's Quarter's for my honeymoon. Lovely room great view and right there!!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:14 PM
Barry

just came back from Boothbay Harbor and got a great room on the water at the Rocktide Inn and it has a great location next to the footbridge on the quiet side .You must ask for a room with 2 double beds on the water with a view.The Rocktide is next door to the best lobster,"steamers" and corn we tasted all week and we went back several times and a friendly owner named Mitch who also is great for day trip info and restaurants in nearby towns...WARNING.... many places close soon