Search

Bahama House Inn info?

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bahama House Inn info?

Has anyone stayed at the Bahama House Inn? It intrigues me because it is within a 4 minute walk of the Coral Sands beach while being in the middle of town (seems like from the web site and the email I got from the owner). I would appreciate any information or opinions on it and Harbour Island in general. We've never been and are also looking at The Rock House, Runaway Hill Club and Coral Sands.
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:44 PM

Jill,
You may want to post your request at this forum:
http://boardserver.superstats.com/li...ennett&f=1

or check out eleu.net
Old May 8th, 2004, 12:09 PM

Bahama House is a lovely location, it is on Dunsmore St, just 1 block from the harbour and very close to most of the restaurants in town.

The Inn is small but has lovely grounds, last I saw there was no pool, but you are a short walk from the Harbour to deep your feet or from the beach on the other side of the island.

The Inn is one of the older homes on island and was bought and rennovated a few years ago.

I have not stayed there but had a tour the last time I was on island and thought the rooms were nicely done.

Right across the street from the Inn is one of the oldest churches in the Bahamas.

You are very close to downtown, and the shopping, deli, straw market, art galleries and the bakery.

Hope this helps, have a great time.
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:36 PM

We just retunred from Harbor Island, spent one night at the Bahama House Inn, and five nights at Pink Sands. The Inn was a lovely property, all freshly decorated rooms, large common areas, and a great balcony for bay views and sunsets. Although there is no pool, you are an easy walk to either the bay or the ocean. The host John was very accomadating and made us a custom ordered breakfast !
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:44 PM

I read your first post incorrectly so thought I would add more info about the island and some of the resorts.

Runaway Hill is our favorite. I have been staying there since 1986 and find it a laid-back perfect spot for vacation. The staff are wonderful and will do everything they can to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

The hotel is right on the beach, has a nice pool/deck area and it's amazing to sit out at night and watch the stars from the pool.

There are only 10 rooms, so you may need to be a bit flexible on your dates.

Coral Sands is also very nice, right on the water and a bit bigger something like 50 rooms now with the new additon from a couple of years ago. There is also a nice beach bar and the conch burgers there are heavenly.

Hope this helps and if you need any other info on the island, please let me know.