Notices

Nantucket Bound

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 06:15 PM
pat

Nantucket Bound

Anyone ever stayed at Wade Cottages on Nantucket?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Tom

NOPE!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 06:37 AM
nina

Pat, Last year we rented a house right next to Wade Cottages in 'Sconset. The location is, IMO, the best on the island. They are on a bluff overlooking the ocean, you just need to walk down a short path to the beach. In the am stroll to the 'Sconset Market for a newspaper and the best scones (go early, they sell out fast.)

They look very nice from the outside, perhaps a little sparse on the inside, but we were just walking around them, being nosy for future reference. I haven't stayed in them, but based on seeing them from the outside, I would definitely stay there. We need a bigger house, and they only have one with 3 bedrooms which is always booked, otherwise we'd be staying there ourselves.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:24 PM
pat

Thanks to both repliers!

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Karen

Pat, I am looking for a place in "January" and was looking at The Wauwinet - would you post when you come back and give us an update on Wade Cottages! Thanks - Karen

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 12:31 PM
nina

You're welcome. I'd like to know what you thought of them too. When are you going?

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 12:50 PM
sarah

Just had to throw this in to those on their way to Nantucket. If you have time, or want a good read while you are there, pick up "Ahab's Wife." It's historical fiction, circa early 1800's, about the life of the wife of Captain Ahab of Moby Dick. Much of it takes place around Nantucket and will give you an interesting perspective of the area. It's a great read, start to finish.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 12:16 PM
pat

I will post re: Wade cottages upon return! Thanks to all.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 07:33 AM
di

Did you ever make it to Wade Cottages? Eagerly anticipating your review . . .