Mysterie or O

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 05:25 AM
Josie

Mysterie or O

Which show should I see??

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Katie

Josie, do a search to get TONS of opinions on this. We've seen Mystere and loved it, and when we go back next time are planning on seeing O. I don't believe you will be disappointed with either show.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Joseph Mastroeni

Having seen both, I thought Mystere was better. Possibly becuase it's at Treasure Island as opposed to Bellagio, there is just a more light-hearted feel to the show. You'll be on your feet cheering at the end of the show.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Melissa

I enjoyed both but thought Mystere was a lot better.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 08:27 AM
John

Preferred "Mystere" over "O". Both were great though.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:23 AM
SEW

I too have seen both. They offer something different and both are equally fantastic.

Mystere has great acrobatic sequences, and the staging in "O" is wonderful.

We sat pretty far away for "O" and I think it lost something and for $121 per person, I thought it wasn't as good of a value. If that is a consideration, then definately go with Mystere.

Both are great, as with every Cirque du Soleil show I have seen, so neither will disappoint.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 02:50 PM
bill

We saw both last year and they were incredible - as are all Cirque de Soleil performances. I preferred O just because it is so unique - it is staged over water as opposed to all the other shows which are land based.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Josie

Thanks everybody.
I was leaning towards "O" just because I think the whole water thing is different.
But I didn't realize it was so much more expensive. I just assumed they were about the same.

If "O" isn't that much better, we'll probably go to "Mystere." Sounds like I won't be dissapointed!

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 07:41 PM
dana

I like them both equally for different
reasons.
Just saw O last month. It was so beautiful it nearly made me cry!
The water adds such an interesting element to the whole show. It's extremely avant garde, but so is Mystere.
I've seen mystere 3 or 4 times now, and I just can't say enough good about it.
Honestly, if I were to go back to las vegas in the near future, I think I'd choose O again. You can't go wrong with either choice.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Mitch

I'm in the Cirque du Soleil Fan Club and I've seen 7 different shows. "O" is the most unique because of the water. I thought "Mystere" was better than "O" but I'd recommend "O" because of its uniqueness. In my opinion, the best Cirque du Soleil show is "Dralion".

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:10 AM
T

I live in Boston and just saw Quidam.
I loved it and can only imagine that O and Mystere are that much better.

I would love to see O because of the whole water thing, but Mystere would be next on my list of shows to see.

Have Fun!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Rebecca

My husband and I saw "O" a couple of years ago and loved it. We are going back to Vegas in two weeks and we are going to see both shows! Why not! We don't get to Vegas very often....so we are going to make the most of it.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Mitch

T, if you thought "Quidam" was great, you should see the others!!! In my opinion, Quidam is near the bottom of the list. Go see "Dralion"!!

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:36 AM
o

o