Reload this Page >

Myrtle beach in late July

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2002, 01:52 AM
Cheryl

I just had to book my webmiles since they went out of business and had $200 left over after booking a trip to Ft. Meyers/Sanibel. Only thing I could find in that price range was Myrtle Beach in late July. Since I've never been there, thought it would be fun - something new.

Does anyone have any opinions on where I should stay and what there is to do close by? I am going alone will not be renting a car. Would like a nice place on the ocean. I've read some of the postings and see that Kingston Plantation may have a lot to offer. Some nice restaurants and occasional nightlife would be good, but I don't want to travel too far in a taxi. Thanks for any help.

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Sandy

Patricia Grand, Forest Dunes, The Palms. Hope this helps.

Old May 11th, 2002, 12:24 PM
CF

Why in the world would you not rent a car there? It is so spread out and there are so many cool restaurants and things to see. The time of year you are going will be pretty crowded. I would suggest staying in North Myrtle.
Go to www.myrtlebeachinfo.com and they will send you a great book on lodging and restaurants.

Old May 12th, 2002, 06:01 PM
tembody

We stay at the Forest Dunes and love it. It is really nice and in a lovely area and has nice amenities. It is very reasonable and a great destination.
Hope you have a great time.

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:09 AM
chuck

Cheryl,

you have received some good suggestions already. If you plan on relaxing on the beach during the day and going out at night, I think using a taxi is fine.

I personally think Kingston Plantation is the best MB has to offer, but the other accomodations mentioned above also seem to get favorable reviews.

For restaurants, the following are ones we have enjoyed:

1. Sea Merchant's House (North Myrtle Beach)
2. Duffy Street Seafood Shack (NMB, fun and surprisingly good food).
3. Collector's Cafe (MB, around 75th Avenue North)
4. Marker 350 (NMB, on the waterway)
5. T-Bonz at Barefoot Landing (for lunch).

Have a great time!

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:14 AM
CF

T-Bones was awesome for dinner to. Great she crab soup and melt in your mouth filets.

Old May 15th, 2002, 04:39 PM
John

Arrowhead area is nice.Beach Cottages
(whole house w/ pool adjacent) are in this area.Go to Ocean Annies @ Sands for Tiki Bar & entertainment on the beach. Don't miss Flamingo Grill for dinner @ Rt 17 &73rd Ave.Don't go to MB
without renting a car!!!! You'll miss everything.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Cheryl

Thanks to all who replied with suggestions. I'm leaving next Wednesday - any other suggestions for things I absolutely must see/do/eat?

Cheryl

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Gretchen

On another board the Patricia Grand has been absolutely dissed--dirty and bad. You will need a car. Kingston is probably the best in MB.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Randa

Broadway at the Beach can easily keep you occupied for a day. It's full of shops and restaurants, and is home to the acquarium, Imax and several other amusements. Look it up under Broadwayatthebeach.com.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 11:55 AM
xxx

topping