myrtle beach in july

Search

myrtle beach in july

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myrtle beach in july

We are planning a family vacation with girls, ages 15, 13 and 11 in July. We have never been to Myrtle beach. We have been to Destin and Hilton Head previously. I am getting confused by all the research I am doing. Where would be the best place for us to stay, eat, etc...Husband will probably play some golf.
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:27 AM

Best place? That depends on what you are looking for price-wise, accomodation-wise, do you want to be on a G.C. or the ocean? There is everything there.
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:30 AM

Did you do a search here? There were several threads about Myrtle Beach within the last couple weeks. I would suggest doing that first for some good information and suggestions.
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:26 AM

I usually prefer to stay in North Myrtle Beach. There are many places to eat and shop. Broadway at the beach would be fun for the girls as well as you. If you stay closer to the Pavilion (small amusement park)in the heart of Myrtle Beach you will find that A LOT of people stay here and walk/drive up and down the strip. Personally I never liked it there even when I was there age, too crowded. The hotels in this area have really worn down. I like the hotels better in N. Myrtle and many come with golf package options. Ocean Creek is one that I like. The beaches are not as crowded as opposed to the down town area. Barefoot Landing is across from Ocean Creek and they have a few stores to shop in as well as the famous Dick's resturant. The girls will like that. I am 28 and now prefer Sunset Beach it is 20 miles North of Myrtle and it is wonderful, however I don't think the girls will like all that peacefulness and relaxing. North Myrtle is nice and I think you will like Broadway at the beach. Very touristy but fun.

Enjoy!
Audrey in NC
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:35 AM

You might want to first realize that Myrtle Beach is NOTHING like Destin or Hilton Head.....they really aren't even in the same category.Destin and HH have much more to offer and tend to be a bit more high-end both in the offerings and the clientele..if it isn't too late to change your destination...you might want to consider it.
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:54 PM

We prefer to stay in the Litchfield/Pawleys Island area. We have children aged 18-25 and have been staying a Litchfield for 25 years. Close enough to Myrtle Beach to go for kids entertainment but far enough away from Myrtle Beach to avoid the crowds. We love food at Murrels Inlet that is just a few mile away.
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:13 PM

Another vore for Litchfield. The Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort is nice. Although the selection might be thin by now.