Must sees in two days in Charleston

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am leaving to join my husband for just a couple of days in Charleston. What plantation should be seen. We've seen Middleton years ago, but have not been to Charleston. Any good tours available. What will the weather be like. Any information would be greatly appreciated. My husband just gave my my ticket today and we're leaving tomorrow. I've been sick and he wanted to make sure I felt well enough to go. Thanks.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 02:44 PM

With only two days, I would just stay downtown. There is plenty to do in that area. If you enjoying touring historic homes, there are oodles in downtown Charleston. My three favorites are the Nathaniel Russell House, the Edmonston-Alston house, and the Aiken-Rhett house. Personally, I enjoy just walking the downtown area. I would wander down Meeting Street to the Battery/White Point Gardens area, and enjoy the view of Ft. Sumter way off in the distance, not to mention all the gorgeous homes. Walk back up East Bay St. and see "Rainbow Row". If the weather is good, turn off East Bay onto Vendue and stop by the waterfront park there. Visit the market area between North and South Market Streets. Yes, there are lots of tacky tourist things there, but there are also some fun souvenirs. Spend some time (ok, lots of time!) shopping on King St. If you have time and weather is good, go visit Fort Sumter. Oh, and don't forget to eat well! There are so many good restaurants in Charleston. If you do a search on here, you will find numerous trip reports with lots of restaurant and other tips. Have a great trip! Charleston is a wonderful city!
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 03:03 PM
TKT

The previous writer had it correct.
Don't plan a lot, just stroll the old district and enjoy the food, take in the atmosphere. For many restaurants it is best to make reservations and if you are a non-smoker, to ask for a non-smoking area.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 04:55 AM

The weather should be good, but bring a coat of jacket, it gets windy.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 05:29 AM

While I love wandering around downtown Charleston and visiting historic homes, my favorite place to visit in the area is Drayton Hall. Because it hasn't been restored, it is unique.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 05:29 AM
GoTravel

Weather is supposed to be in the mid to upper 70s this weekend.

My must sees are shopping on King Street and drinks at the rooftops of the Vendue Inn and the Market Pavillion.