Mountaintop Breckenridge Restaurant??

Feb 19th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Mountaintop Breckenridge Restaurant??

We have heard that there is a VERY nice restaurant at the top of one of the ski runs. Real small and with a beautiful view. Any ideas of it's name?? We would also like names of any other great places to eat there. We'll be there for a week. Thank you, Babs
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:58 PM

Hi Fletcher921. We go to Breck alot, my brothers live there, and we are not aware of a nice restaurant on the mountain. Perhaps Game Creek in Vail?
One of my brothers works at Swiss Haven, which has wonderful fondue and the such. If weather is nice, have a great little patio with unbelievable views of the mountain! Ask for Tim (bartender). We also like Blue Moose for breakfast, Blue River bistro for dinner. Quandry Grill is also a nice spot for lunch if weather is nice (good food, but inside isn't anything special.)
Try to do some trips outside of Breck as well, Vail has amazing restaurants, and great shopping!
You also need to drive up and over Hoosier Pass for some unbelivable photo ops, spectacular views!
Have fun!
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:49 PM

There's no restaurant at the top of the ski runs, other than the usual day-time ski places.

You might be thinking of the restaurant at the top of the mountain at Keystone. I believe it's called "Alpenglow Stube," and it's at the top of North Peak in Keystone. I've never been there myself, but the views are great from North Peak.

My favorite restaurant in Breck is Cafe Alpine, which is more upscale and expensive. It's smaller and quieter than Blue River Bistro.

Fiesta Jalisco serves more authentic Mexican food, but Mi Casa is good too.
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:32 PM

Lexma90 hit it right on the head. Fletcher may I suggest the Ski Tip Lodge at Keystone, my favorite place in Summit, It is REAL small reservations are a must! next is Cafe Alpine as Lexma90
mentioned.
Feb 20th, 2003, 06:03 AM
KMK

I have been to Alpenglow Stube, on top of Keystone. Gourmet, fixed price menu. Cozy dining room with a fireplace (don't recall any views once you are inside). You must have reservations, and you take 2 gondolas to get to the top for dinner. Wonderful mountain views on the way up and down, and they give you blankets to keep yourself warm on the trip. I highly recommend the experience.

There is also a fondue restaurant up there as well, which would be more casual and less pricey, but probably a lot of fun, and you'd still get the two gondola rides. Haven't tried that.