burlington, vt by myself

Jun 6th, 2002, 10:32 AM
ona

burlington, vt by myself

Hi: I shall spend a couple of days there and need a very nice place to stay, and i do not drive, anyone?

Jun 6th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Helen

How are you getting there? Walking.

I went to Burlington and thought it was nice but the people were some of the strangest looking genetic mutations I have ever encountered. What is that...inbreeding?

Oh yea, try the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. It has more fat in it than a Big Mac, but those strange looking people love it and hate McDonald's...go figure.

Jun 6th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Justin

ona

Try the Burlington Inn in downtown.

Jun 6th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Justin

ona

Sorry, that's the HOLIDAY Inn in Burlington. Address: 1068 Williston Rd.

Jun 6th, 2002, 02:36 PM
nice person

Helen: Have you ever heard of airplanes or trains? If you have nothing nice to say don't say it.

Ona,

There is a Radisson in Burlington, VT located downtown with lake views within walking distance of most of the attractions (Church Street Marketplace, the boat house,Lake cruises...) and they offer free shuttle service to and from the airport. Go to www.radisson.com

Jun 6th, 2002, 03:05 PM
bm

The Holiday Inn on Williston Rd is NOT downtown. It's a couple miles outside the city. The Radisson is the only full service hotel downtown. There are a couple Inns and B&B's downtown as well. One is the Lang House and the other is the Willard Street Inn. I'm sure there are a few more! Burlington is a great "city".

Jun 6th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Todd

Helen has a point. Ben & Jerry's saturate the public with their do-gooder policies in an attempt to cover up the fact that one cup of their Chunkey Monkey ice cream has more fat in it than a Big Mac. Where are the lawyers who want to sue the fast food places. Go after these hypocritical do-gooders.

Jun 6th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Debra

Helen's "inbreeding" remark, though crude ( and I suspect said as a joke ), may not be that far off the mark as Vermont is the least diversified state in the country. They have virtually no blacks, Hispanics or native Americans in comparison to the national average. If ever a state needed an influx of new genetic material it is Vermont.

Jun 10th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Greg

Is it a crime (or marally wrong) to want to live in a place where people share a common language and culture? That is why Vermont is a good place to live!

Jun 10th, 2002, 06:29 AM
gc

Back to Ona's question...

I'd call the University of Vermont parents office and ask them. UVM is in downtown Burlington, and they probably field this request more than anyone else.

Jun 10th, 2002, 06:55 AM
xxx

I am assuming you are coming in by bus or plane. The nicest hotel in Burlington is the Inn at Essex but is kind of far from the "downtown" of Burlington if you don't have a car. If you want to be close to restaurants and shops, I would recommend the Radisson which is located right next to the waterfront. Otherwise, there is the University Mall which is quite elaborate and the Holiday Inn is probably your best bet.

Jun 10th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Molly

Hi Ona,
The Holiday Inn is fine, but unless you REALLY love mall shopping, day in and day out, you will be most unhappy there. Find a place central to the downtown where you can walk or take the free bus around the city.

Jan 12th, 2003, 04:40 PM
jl

the radisson in downtown burlington is a very nice place and has a central location...close to shopping, the lake, and a short drive to the airport...good luck!

Feb 20th, 2003, 01:49 AM

Another vote for the Radisson! Right across from Lake Champlain and an easy walk to Church Street! Church Street is lined with nice shops and restaurants. Closed off to traffic. A really nice area!
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:15 AM
JVS

Go for the Raddison. But whatever you do , STAY AWAY FROM THE MIDTOWN MOTEL!! The rates are dirt cheap, but the owner nearly beat my husband up for bringing our cat in the room (we were moving x-country)and we suspect they have cameras in the rooms.