Search

Mother/Daugher Weekend

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mother/Daugher Weekend

Hi,
I am planning to take my daughter to Atlanta to celebrate her 30th birthday. I am thinking the Buckhead area will be the best for accommodations but I am open to other suggestions. Any recommendations on accommodations in this area? Also, does anyone have suggestions of things in the Atlanta area other than shopping. We enjoy cooking classes, theater and dance productions, spas, etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 07:32 PM

I don't know the reason why you are going to Atlanta but if you like spas then why not go to a spa-spa like Canyon Ranch or Rancho La Puerta? I totally know it depends on where you live and other factors into the trip but perhaps there are spas as well in the southeast to look into. My mom and I have been to Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires and then last year she took me to Rancho la Puerta just south of San Diego in Baja. It was fabulous! We had such a wonderful time. We are both very active and enjoyed the classes plus there is as much downtime as you want. There is healthy eating and cooking classes plus exercise and spa treatments galore. We met many other mother/daughter teams and had a great time together. I am still friends with 2 of the daughters and we talk fondly about it every time we speak.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 08:13 AM
amc

Atlanta is an awesome city! You and your daughter will have a lovely time. In Buckhead, I always enjoy the Hotel Intercontinental or the Hyatt. They are across Peachtree Street from one another and within walking distance to Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza. Both hotels are fairly new and clean. The corner rooms in the Hyatt are one of the biggest I've seen. The Hyatt may be a bit cheaper. The beds in the Intercontinental are amazing. Spa Sydell has a Buckhead location. (I've been there, it's NICE!)

If you're renting a car, consider driving up and staying a night at the Chateau Elan for some spa time.

A great small production playing in Atlanta is Peachtree Battles. You'll laugh your pants off! The website is:

http://www.ansleyparkplayhouse.com/

Check online to see what is playing at the Fox Theater in Midtown Atlanta. It's a very beautiful venue to see any type of play or concert.

There is opera in Atlanta, too!

Have a great time!
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 08:33 AM

My daughter and I do a trip together every year (for the last 6- she's 14). Some are spas, but they can be costly, and checking out a cool city together can be a lot of fun. Atlanta qualifies.Have a good trip.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 09:05 AM

Buckhead certainly offers a nice selection of accommodations but another area you might consider is Midtown, near the the Woodruff Arts Center/High Museum. There are several hotels in that area, as well as lots of restaurants and other sights. The Alliance theater is part of the Woodruff Arts Center and the Fox theater is also nearby. And I second the recommendation for Spa Sydell in Buckhead (or any of their locations). It's lovely.
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 02:49 PM

If you take her to the High Museum, The Fox Theater or anything else in town, definitely do dessert at Chocolate Pink afterward. It's on 5th and Juniper and not only is adorable beyond words, but has delicious cakes and mini pies. A perfect end to a fun filled day of culture!