Search

Atlanta Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlanta Question

We will be stopping over in Atlanta after a long overseas flight. Will probably be to tried for to much sightseeing,however am thinking of trying to take in the World Of Coke and CNN,while there.

What I am wondering is if the Hyatt Regency or the Westin Hotels, are with in an easy walk to these places? I have heard that downtown Atlanta is not the easiest place to walk around.
Which of these two hotels do you recommend and why?
Is it easy to get a cab to and from airport from downtown? Will have to much luggage to want to take on Marta.
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 06:46 PM

Downtown Atlanta is really not any different than any other city, with most streets running east/west and north/south. I would reccomend the Westin, but that is just a suggestion, it is the "worlds tallest hotel" and they had a 35 million dollar renovation a few years back. Nice hotel with good rooms and great views the higher you go. They all have the heavenly bed I believe. The Hyatt Regency is one of the older hotels and it kinda shows in some areas. Great lobby/atrium. The view there is the inside from your balcony at door. I love the way things sound in there though! The World of Coke, CNN, Centennial Olympic Park, Underground Atlanta all within a mile, relatively easy walk; even the King Center is close. Cabs are usually no problem to/from airport. The only thing I don't like about the downtown area is it kinda dies down at night, although I guess that could be a good thing.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 08:24 AM

Have dinner at City Grill or Daily's. The Omni Hotel connects to CNN so you wouldn't have to walk far at all.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 08:52 AM
iceeu2

If you have dinner at Dailey's (my favorite restaurant) absolutely do NOT skip dessert. I always check it out before ordering, but it still doesn't keep me from ordering the swordfish!! You will like the World of Coke and CNN.
Have fun!

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 10:21 AM
GoTravel

Ditto Dailey's and make sure you have a martini downstairs. Great bar with wonderful live music (usually jazz). The Hyatt is in a great location but I prefer its neighbor the Ritz-Carlton or the Westin.

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the great info.

Where is Daily's located? It sounds like it must be pretty good.Do I need reservations?
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:57 AM

Dailey's is at 17 International Blvd. just off Peachtree. A short walk from either hotel. Another of their restaurants is The Pleasant Peasant nearby at 555 Peachtree. Intimate and romantic. Reservations are accepted but not required.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:27 PM
iceeu2

The Westin Peachtree Plaza is a very easy walk to Dailey's - just down the street a bit....Hyatt is near also...I didn't know Dailey's took reservations.