Most Paranormal B&B in Gettysburg?

Old Jul 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most Paranormal B&B in Gettysburg?

Please someone end my misery of unaccomplished searching of where to stay in Gettysburg. I want to know what place has the most paranormal activity,is it Lightner bed and Breakfast, Doubleday Inn,Cashtown Inn,or the Baladerry Inn with Suzanne's "wonderful 3 course breakfasts" . I want to know where you out there,have had yourselves some paranormal activity.

These are my 4 final choices. Please do not mention Farnsworth.I will not ever stay there. Thank you.
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM

Paranormal B&B?

Is this some new language I don;t understand?

If you want to be scared ask your friends to jump out of a closet and yell boo!
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 05:14 PM

You want the MOST paranormal B&B -- to sleep in?

Uh..... right.
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for nothing! I believe my question was very clear,I asked for suggestions not some idiots thinking they're insulting me.
To nytraveler: YES PARANORMAL B&B! OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE TOO INCOMPETENT TO UNDERSTAND. GO ELSEWHERE WITH YOUR SNOBBY NEW YORK ATTITUDE.
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 05:15 PM

Sorry - this is NOT a snobby NY attitude. It's simple incredulity that someone could be asking for something so ridiculous. I assumed you were making a joke. Sorry if I let reality intrude into your world.
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 05:16 PM

And to try to help you - I would look at web sites about the paranormal if that;s what you really want - not one about travel.
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 05:27 PM

You do not want to stay at the Farnsworth...I presume that its because of the price.
We stayed three nights(during re-enactment)....every night was an experience. Started on a Thursday night with a full house and checked out Sunday morning with us being the only party left in the house. All other guests left either in the middle of the night or some day prior to their check-out date.
The place is perfect for paranormal research. The house has no "house-mother" so you have access from stem to stern (including the basement). The only rooms off limits is the restraunt and the "snipers nest". The nest must be opened by management and accompanied by same.
I've read that many people do not experience any activity. However, I've also read the best time stay is during the re-enactment priod. It would also help to have a "senstive" with you. They seem to act like a magnet.
The three nights we stayed had the folowing occurences. Soldier (or someone) running up the back entrance stairs and slamming the vestivual doors (confirmed by party in the next room which promptly left the next morning becasue the teenage son couldn't handle it). The room across the hall had the apparitional appearance of the little boy that was killed by a horse drawn wagon (the two women occupants had to sleep in shifts because the little boy was making such a fuss and they left a day before their check-out date). Our room ( I believe it was the Schultz) was visited each by a nurse called Mary (I think). We did not see the "old" Confederate soldier appear at the foot of the bed. However, we did hear the play of children in the halls and had a phantom family stay in the next room.
On Thursady, we started with five or six occupied rooms and by Saturday morning we were the only party left. All other guests left prior to their check-out date.
NOTE: All activity began after midnight and again it would help to either have a person that is "sensitive" or a person that has strong beliefs when it comes to the paranormal.