MONTEREY/BIG SUR DINING

Old May 15th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MONTEREY/BIG SUR DINING

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON DINING IN MONTEREY FOR 1 NIGHT/THEN TO BIG SUR LODGE FOR 1 NIGHT? A FRIEND RECOMMENDED FISHWIFE/HAS ANYONE EATEN THERE? THANK YOU
Old May 15th, 2003, 06:56 PM

The Fishwife in Pacific Grove is fantastic! Very casual, unassuming place with great seafood.

Roys at the Inn at Spanish Bay in Pebble Beach has great atmosphere and food but is super expensive.

Rocky Point (10 miles south of Carmel) has great ocean vistas.
Old May 15th, 2003, 08:18 PM
mjs

I think Fishwife is ok. Nothing to write home about imho. I do like Roy's. Great location on the beach with terrific appetizers. I have eaten there several times for lunch which was not expensive. Do not know about dinner. I do rather like Montrio downtown Monterey.
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:35 AM

I enjoyed the Fishwife...in addition to good food they had a fantastic wine list (including my favorite local Pinot Noir-Anapamu). Just note everything on thier menu is seafood based including the pastas. If you stop by the Pacific Grove Chamber of Commerce they have coupons for a free appetizer w/ meal
Old May 16th, 2003, 05:38 AM

If I understand your question, you're looking for a place to eat in both Monterey and Big Sur?
I'd recommend Nepenthe's in Big Sur. Simply awesome view, overlooking the ocean. And the food's good, too. Make a reservation so you can be assured of getting a table on their deck. And they have a cute little shop underneath the restaurant if you're interested in buying any trinkets.
Old May 16th, 2003, 08:01 AM

Tarpy's Roadhouse on Monterey Salinas Hwy in Monterey is excellent. The ambiance is great. Go to www.tarpys.com. They also own Montrio and Rio Grill which are also nice, but with a different ambiance. My husband and I never miss Tarpy's when we are down Monterey way.
Old May 16th, 2003, 08:05 AM

I second Nepenthes........
Old May 16th, 2003, 08:17 AM
E

Fishwife is very pedestrian. Monterey's Fish House and Sea Harvest both have better seafood, although perhaps not a large wine list. I also like the Rio Grill in Carmel Highlands, and Roy's at Pebble Beach, of course, and a place in Monterey called Montrio, although I'm not sure if it's still open. I haven't tried Fresh Cream, but it's come highly recommended. Pasta Mia is a charming, romantic Italian place in Pacific Grove. Really, it's hard to go wrong! Enjoy...