Search

Monterey

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 10:28 AM
gapper

Monterey

Any hotel on Monterery that are on the beach? All the hotels I seem to be researching do not mention anything about beach front. Also, any information on the Monterey Plaza (is it true they do not have a pool) or the Monterey Marriott will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Monterey Beach Hotel is right on the beach, but you will have a short drive into Monterey/Carmel. It is a very nice BW property with pool, jacuzzi, etc.

The Monterey Plaza does not have a pool, but the property is located right on the water, just a very, very small little stretch of sand there but I love the property. There is a rooftop spa that is wonderful, for $15/stay you can use the two bromine jacuzzis, weight room and just lounge by the outdoor fireplace. DH didn't use the jacuzzi with me, but we was allowed to be in the lounge area outside.

Have fun in Monterey! ***kim***
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 11:05 AM
gapper

Thank you Kim. For the time of the year I would like to go to the Monterey Plaza they are asking $720. Is this hotel worth it?

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 03:18 PM

That's for a suite, correct? The regular rooms are much less and very nice. You can get partial or ocean views, I think right now they're offering a Deluxe Oceanview room for $249. When are you going? ***kim***
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 07:13 AM

I've always wanted to stay at the Monterey Plaza. It looks wonderful. My family lives about 30 minutes from Monterey though, so we always go for day trips.

kimamom - you will die when you read this, but every year for my husband's birthday he wants to have dinner in Monterey. Sounds great, right? Except that EVERY year he picks Bubba Gumps. All those restaurants with fresh fish caught right off the coast and the man chooses Bubba Gumps. I just don't get it. LOL.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 07:23 AM

I haven't been there, but it looks like a fun place for a celebration! Hey, he's in Monterey for his birthday, how can you beat that?

Save your pennies and stay at the Plaza, you will savor every moment of your time there! ***kim***
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 08:21 AM

One tip on the Plazauring wedding season I suggest you ask that your room not be over the "wedding site". The receptions are often in the rooms just off that patio and it can get pretty noisy especially as the champagne flows.

And, make certain your room is not in the front over the valet parking. That also can get pretty noisy.

The Plaza has a spa with some of the best equipment I've ever worked out on. The treadmills overlook Monterey Bay. There are also 2 roof top hot tubs. You are surrounded by glass witha view to die for.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 08:57 AM

Yes, and what's great about the jacuzzi tubs at the Plaza is that they use bromine in the water instead of chlorine. The water is silky smooth and softens your skin. I asked the front desk clerk what was in the water because I immediately noticed a difference from the regular chlorine-based water. Very nice, definitely worth the extra $15/stay. www.woodsidehotels.com Click on the Monterey Plaza and you can see pictures of these gorgeous views from the spa. ***kim***