Reload this Page >

Montauk - July 4th Week

Search

Montauk - July 4th Week

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Melissa

Montauk - July 4th Week

Going to be in Montauk for 4th of July week. Young Crowd - any happy hour, bar and restaurant suggestions in Montauk (wont go farther than East Hampton since we are stying in Montauk) Anyone ever stay at the Atlantick Terrace?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Renate

The 4th in Montauk is noisy,busy,crowded and fun! Your Hotel is right on the beach I believe,which will be nice, you will most likely see fireworks, if they have them this year in Montauk.Otherwise they are at East Hampton and a pain in the a** to get to because of crowds.
There are a lot of places to eat,all kinds of food.A big favorite of ours is the Shagwon.They have been there forever,are open all year, a big favorite with the locals so make reservations asap.They give you huge servings,be warned
There are a lot of bars, an Irish pub, all the restos have bars and are quite active and lively at night.
Your hotel is right on the beach I believe and it might get noisy and hectic, you might enjoy driving into Amagansett ,to the Farmers Market,buy something to eat/drink ,get a paper and find a chair/bench and chill.*and people watch*
There in Amagansett,right down the road from the Market is a very popular,live music place that I cannot remember the name of.But it is easy to find.
Lunch is one of the best places on the Montauk Highway for meals--Lobster Rolls!
We have gone out to Montauk every summer for the past 25 years,this will be the first that we are not.
There are more suggestions but I don't know how much you are in need of,so if you want more just ask
Renate

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:20 AM
R

I forgot Gosmans Dock.You should go there and spend an afternoon,have lunch on the dock ,watch out for the seagulls wander the shops have Benand Jerrys ,at night there is a resto called The Dock that is really popular,has a lively small bar and great food,very casual.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:36 AM
mj

Though I live on LI, but haven't been to Montauk in several years so I can't really recommend any place. The good news is Montauk is small enough that I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

From memory, and generally speaking, younger crowds hang out in town (ocean side) and families head for Fort Pond and Montauk Harbor areas.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Ellen

Happy hour is great at Cyril's on Montauk Highway between Montauk and Amagansett. Gets so crowded people are all over the place. Lots of fun though. And the food is pretty good too.