Moab rafting tour recommendations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are spending 3 nights in Moab in late(ish) September. Planning to spend the first full day there at Arches NP, but we'd be really interested in taking a rafting trip on the second day. Having Googled this a bit, there appear to be umpteen different companies offering pretty similar full and half days tours. Has anyone got any recommendations for companies you've used before?

Also, we've never been rafting before so not sure whether to opt for full or half day. We're in our early 30s, so pretty fit and healthy, but not triathlon athlete types! Would a full day be too exhausting for us, or is it not actually as strenuous as it sounds? The websites do say that it's suitable for 5 year olds after all!

Any advice welcome! Thanks.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 05:32 AM

I would recommend Tag-a-long Tours -- especially their 1/2 day Canyonlands scenic float trip coupled with the Canyonlands 4x4 trip that follows the Shafer trail. It is not white water (the probably offer that also) but you will have fantastic scenery and see the park like no one else. This is a wonderful area.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Great - thanks for the tip Ladystack - I'll look them up!
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:58 AM

My family did a full day white water tour with Tag-a-long and had a great time. We are not particularly fit and had no problem. In fact, we had four 80 year olds on our raft with us! It was so hot in August that we thought the full day on the river would be cooler than doing the river and 4x4 trip but I would imagine the weather will be nicer by late September. That area is so beautiful, I'm sure you'll have a great time whichever trip you choose.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks KTtravel - a second vote for Tag-a-long so maybe they're the ones to go for!? I'm on the brink of booking them as they do have availbility on our date.
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 08:10 AM

We have a friend who recommended her brother-in-law's outfit, Tex's Riverways, for when our family goes out there in mid-Sept. Anyone heard of it or know anything about it?