Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Seattle: Transport from Pier 69 (Victoria Clipper) to Sea-Tac?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a solo traveler, I'd rather not spring for a taxi to the airport. I've read one option is the MT bus. Does anyone know if these are handy to get on with luggage (carry on size)?
Another option is the Grayline airport bus, nearest point for pick up is by the Warwick Hotel. Appreciate any information

Thanks!
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 02:21 PM

Do you mean the Metro (city) bus? Unless it's during rush hour, you should be fine with carryon luggage on the bus. You'd probably have to walk a ways to catch the 174 or 194 to the airport however. Route info is here:
http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Otherwise, taking a cab to the Warwick (should be less than $10 or so) to pick up the Airporter bus would work. Or try contacting Shuttle Express to get a quote.
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Did it! Upon leaving the Clipper, turn left on Alaskan Way and a bus stop is right there. Take the free MT 99 to 5th and Jackson, which is at the tunnel/transfer station. I went downstairs (elevator is available) to Bay C and took bus 194 right to SEA-TAC. Bus 174 makes a lot more stops, so no need to do that. Cost $1.75 ($2.50 after 3:30 or so). New light rail also available, but as of now you have to transfer again and take another bus to airport. Should be completed in Dec. 2009. Easy to get on and off bus with my carry on and shoulder bag. Drivers were very helpful. Way to go, Seattle!

btw, neither the Victoria Clipper people or hotel gave me this info. Must be protecting cabs.
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 09:49 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for checking back in. Those are great directions!!

I would have had you walk to the Warwick (using the elevator at the bottom of Lenora STreet to come up from the Waterfront) and take the Grayline Airporter. But that's around $10.

I doubt that hotels or the Clipper are "protecting" cabs, just most people wouldn't think to use public transportation, for what you describe, I'm guessing.