Minneapolis Questions

Search

Minneapolis Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minneapolis Questions

We are planning a short trip (three days, two nights) to Minneapolis. We'll be driving there so we'll have a car. It's me, DH and 5yo DD looking for a few days away from small town Iowa.

Has anyone stayed at the Residence Inn at the Depot? We are looking for a suite hotel (with a waterpark if possible). This hotel has both of those and looks to have a good central downtown location.

Has anyone been to the Mill City Museum? Would it be way over my 5yo daughter's head?

We will probably visit the children's museum and science museum as well.

Thanks for any info!
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM

I went to the Mill City Museum a few months ago. I recall there was a kitchen where kids could play with dough and such. However, I think the rest of the museum would be over her head. I don't think it would be worth your money or time to take your daughter there.
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 12:33 PM

Hi Iowamom!

The Residence Inn at the Depot is in a great location. I've never been in the hotel, but it sounds nice. Plus you are right near the river and Mill City Museum. I actually have also never been to that museum, but if your daughter gets bored, it's in a great location with walking paths along the river. The sculpture garden at the Walker Art Center would be another fun place to combine culture and room for your daughter to run around/blow off steam. Plus it's free! Have so much fun!
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 02:43 PM

I've been to the Mill City Museum twice in the last year. Some exhibits might be beyond your daughter's understanding but they do have other hands on activities besides the kitchen. Watching the old commercials is a blast.