Milwaukee hotel for a summer weekend

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to be in Milwaukee during a weekend in June and are trying to find a nice hotel that is a little more affordable than the Pfister. I was thinking about staying on the east side at The Astor, Plaza, Park East or the Knickerbocker. I would appreciate any comments on these hotels or any suggestions. And can you walk around this part of town at night or should we stay in another part of town?
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 09:20 AM

There is a Hilton in downtown that I kind of liked and found convenient to walking around. (I believe it might be the reincarnation of the classic Marc Plaza.) There is a Holiday Inn right across the street from that property that often has competitive rates and has (essentially) the same location. As for rate-hunting, I noted that there are some offerings on www.quikbook.com and you may want to give that a shot.
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 01:48 PM

Several times we've Pricelined a room at the Courtyard by Marriott, right downtown, for about $48. Great location, very pleasant accommodations. Hotel has an indoor pool and small workout room. It's attached to the Grand Avenue Mall. Stayed at The Astor years n years ago...wonder myself what it's like now.
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Dan

I love the Astor but have also "Pricelined" the Courtyard, which is very nice. The Park East is okay but reminds me of a Holiday Inn. Decent but certainly nothing special.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. We like unique hotels and have decided to stay at the Astor. Thanks again!