Hotel in Kingston

Search

Hotel in Kingston

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Kingston

Any suggestions? Something centrally located in town or on the water? I would really like to keep it under $150CAN if possible. THanks in advance!
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 12:06 PM
LJ

Check out the Hotel Belvedere if you are looking for a little atmosphere and charm along with a good location. For views of the harbour, the Holiday Inn is actually the best.Both would be in your price range.
Old Mar 15th, 2006, 04:11 PM

I recently spent a night at the Four Points Sheraton and thought that it was quite nice. I am told that it is the newest of the large hotels downtown near the water.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 03:41 PM

The three big chain hotels on the waterfront are the Radison, Holiday Inn and the Howard Johnsons. I am told that the Radison is the nicest of the three.
For a change of pace I second the Belvedere. It is a block away from the water and a three block walk into the downtown. It is situated in a row of limestone mansions from Kingstons early days. I have stayed there years ago, it is a bed and brekfast with beautifully decorated period rooms and furniature.
Old Mar 18th, 2006, 10:44 AM

The Belvedere is located between "downtown" and the primo lake-front park in Kingston. Location can't be beat, and the ambiance is terrific. There are a number of B&Bs in the area, too. Try "The Secret Garden" or "The Rosemount Inn". There is ANOTHER one right there, too, but that Inn is for sale right now, most likely because of the PUSHY owner. I stayed there with my husband while we were in the middle of purchasing our home. We cut our stay short and moved to another B and B because of the owner's attitude, which included refusing to let my husband read the paper during breakfast and refusing to pass on phone messages from our realtor ("I'm not an answering machine, you know...&quot. She also chewed out a young couple for using the whirlpool bathtub in their room after 9:30pm.
Have fun!
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

THanks for the feedback. I secured a room at the Belvedere for $110 -- will let you know late May how it was.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:10 PM

Have fun!