Mid Cape - good restaurant for lunch ?

Jul 10th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Mid Cape - good restaurant for lunch ?

I'll be driving from Brewster and my friends are coming from West Falmouth. We'd like to find a place that would be somewhere in the middle so neither would have a long drive. Does any one have a good suggestion for a good restaurant (for lunch) in the mid-cape area? Thanks in advance.
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:56 PM

the mid-way point between your locations is the town of Barnstable with many lunch options especially in Hyannis.

Here are a few suggestions:
The Paddock next to the Melody Tent
Tugboat's Hyannis
Mattakese Wharf - Barnstable Harbor
Captain Parkers Pub - West Yarmouth
Baxters Fish & Chips - Hyannis

All were winners of Cape Cod Life magazine's 2008 'Best Of' awards in various categories.
Jul 11th, 2008, 02:56 AM

We like Cooke's Seafood in Hyannis, which also garners a lot of pats on the belly....
Jul 11th, 2008, 03:03 AM

I would be a lot thinner if Cooke's were not so good! We arrange travel times from Nantucket to Boston in order to have a meal at Cooke's!

However, though it is not a clam shack, it may not be a place you would want to linger away the afternoon chatting. In other words, it is a delicious place to eat and not a destination.

Baxter's is on the water and has lots of atmosphere, but the food is not as good as Cooke's. You could eat and then linger in the bar, but it is noisy.

There is an Indian restaurant toward the west end of Main Street that we have enjoyed and where you might linger.
Jul 11th, 2008, 08:17 AM

Ate at Schooner's on Main St. in Hyannis recently and it was great - they have some tables on the sidewalk making for good people watching. The Black Cat down by Hyannis harbor is also good.
Jul 11th, 2008, 08:29 AM

For sure it is not half way but sooo wonderful .. We had dinner there the other night .. in Mashpee right on Rt. 28 .. at Heather .. take a look .. www.restaurantheather.com some of the best food we have ever had on Cape .. and on the other hand if they wouldn't mind driving .. my favorite place until I went to Heather .. is the Brewster Fish House .. especially for lunch .. easy to get in .. As far as Hyannis .. I tend to be disappointed by any of the restaurants I have ever gone to there .. Often times they are mediocre at best .. crowded and vary greatly from one year to the next ...