Mexican Riviera Cruise, best time, best cruise line

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thoughts of a Mexican Riviera cruise in March 2007. Who can tell me...is March a good time to go, advice on cruise lines, best departure port (LA or San Diego), best ports of call! Help will be appreciated, I'm in the very early stages of planning. Thanks.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Try posting this on Latin America board or Cruise board on Fodors to get a better chance of answers & suggestions.
Debi
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 02:40 PM

We've been a couple times on Royal Caribbean Line out of Los Angeles. Have been in March, (Easter Vacation) and weather was great.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/gohome.do
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 03:19 PM

VERY enjoyable cruise! We were on a Holland America Christmas cruise about three years ago and that is out of San Diego. We drove in the night before and stayed at the Holiday Inn? directly across the street from the cruise port. While we had breakfast, we noticed the ship was in. The hotel let us keep our cars in their lot, free, and they took us over to the check-in place about noon. We were able to get on and have lunch outside, couldn't get to our rooms till a bit later. I would think March is perfectly fine. It is a warm weather cruise, so casual is fine. At that time, HA was only offering three stops, Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, I believe they now have four or five stops.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:55 PM

We had several friends depart from San Diego in late January, and they complained about how cold the first and last days on board were. The weather at the Mexican ports was OK.
They took Holland and weren't wild about the quality of the food.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 04:06 PM

Hi Paytons, I have never taken a cruise to Mexico but have been to the westcoast of Mexico several times, from about the middle of February up to the 1st or 2nd week of March. We always went during that time period due to the wonderful weather so I believe a March cruise weather wise would be ideal. Have fun!!!