Mexican Riviera Cruise- December

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a draining Holiday get together with family I have firmly decided to not do this again next year! I am thinking of a cruise next year, as in "out of town." We have cruised the Caribbean frequently but have we have not done the Mexican route. Leaving out of San Diego, I am noticing there seems to be more days at sea then on Caribbean routes. I am wondering how the Paciic is in terms of smooth sailing opposed to the Caribbean? Also has anyone sailed in the month of Dec? I am looking at 16 Dec. then a few days in S.D. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 06:43 AM

We went on a Mexican cruise last year leaving out of Los Angeles and had ideal weather and smooth calm seas. The weather can be a bit iffy that time of year and you could have some rain the first day or two or you could get lucky as we did with CA temps in the high 70's low 80's and continue to get warmer as you go south.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 01:55 PM

Have sailed the Caribbean a few times and Mexico about five times (including twice in December). I don't recall any significant difference regarding the ocean conditions.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:51 AM

Cruising is a GREAT alternative to Christmas at home. It is a true vacation, especially for the one that does all the planning, cooking and cleaning-up!!! We took our family, including 7 and 14 year olds, they loved it too. Plan now for the cabins you want. We went on the HA Ryndam.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 09:52 AM

I just returned from HAL Mexican Riviera cruise. Sailed on 12/27 out of San Diego. We had perfect weather for the entire cruise.

We chose this cruise because it was 10 days with 4 full days at sea. 5 ports. Left San Diego - 2 full days at sea before we docked at Manzanillo, the first port.

If you can, chose a cabin with a verandah. Worth every penny ! ! !
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks this does sound like a perfect cruise. Perhaps it is to early but I didn't notice this one for 10 days this year. (2006) I am not a "at sea"kind of person prefer as many days at port as possible. I would like this one. Thanks.
Old Jan 8th, 2006, 11:39 AM

We did a Dec 16-26 out of LA a few years ago. It was rough one day down and one day up. Othewise, it was a nice trip. Acapulco weather was very hot (90's plus). Cabo was in the 80's.