Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Meeting place at Coliseum/OAK BART station?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question about how easy it will be to set a meeting place at the Coliseum/OAK BART station.

Three of us are flying into SFO. My sister is flying into OAK and arriving about an hour earlier than we are. She will be picking up the rental car at OAK.

My plan is to take the BART from SFO to the Coliseum/OAK station. Would it be easier for my sister to pick us up at the BART station, or have us catch the AirBart to the terminal and meet her at the car rental location?

I'm not familiar with this BART station - I believe they have free daily parking there. Would it make sense to have my sister just park the car and then once we arrive call her cell phone to find out where she's parked?

I have to mention that for whatever reason, my sister is rather resistant to trying to find the BART station on her own and would rather us take the AirBart to the terminal and find her at the car rental location. I'm thinking that the BART station isn't that far away from the airport and with the rest of us carrying our luggage, meeting us at the BART station would be easier.

Any advice is appreciated!
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM

It'll be much easier to meet at the BART station. The BART station isn't far from the airport, and if she gets lost, she can simply look for the AirBART bus and follow that to the station.

If you met her at the rental car place, you'd have to get off of BART, get on the AirBART bus, go to the airport, get off the AirBART bus, find the bus to the rental car place, then get on that bus - all the while carrying your luggage. Ugh.

I've never parked at the Coliseum/OAK BART station, so I don't know what the parking situation is, but she could easily find someplace to hang out until she gets your call.
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 12:37 PM

This is kind of a sketchy are to wait particularly after dark.
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

I anticipate arriving at the Coliseum BART station around 8:30 am on a weekday morning, so I imagine that it will be ok for her to park and wait for us in the parking lot.

Thanks for the help - now to print out driving directions for her!
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 03:16 PM

I would find out, first of all, if there will be space left for parking at Coliseum after 8.30 am - people drive up to BART to take it to work.

If nothing else, your sister can follow an AirBart bus to the BART station People at the rental place will give her directions, I'm sure.
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 03:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Where are you headed after you all meet up? Meeting in Oakland may or may not make sense.
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

We're driving to Napa after we meet up.