Search

Fenway Park

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fenway Park

Hi All,
Any advice on Fenway parking? I usually park at the Pru or take the T in but the Pru doesn't offer discounts for day games. Also my friend can't walk too far. We'll be coming into the city from the south.
Lastly, I really don't want to spend that much to park. I think the Pru was only 15. or something like that. 40 - 50. is way more than I want to pay.
Parking in Quincy? Braintree? or somewhere south, perhaps?
I'll be coming up the rte. 3N
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 02:02 PM

I was just at a game but it was a senior citizen trip by bus...which avoids the parking problem. Otherwise I take the bus from Watertown station to Fenway or the T Green line. Yes, parking is a problem as well as driving. We have parked in Copley Square area and many do so and walk over. Wish I could be more helpful. Others may respond.
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Ozark.
I think I've narrowed it down to taking the Redline (I hope there will be parking there mid day) up to the Greenline.
Not sure if the Kenmore station is closer than the Fenway station to Fenway. I'll ask when we get there as my friend can't walk all that far.
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 05:28 PM

Kenmore is the closer station to Fenway but still a decent walk and slightly uphill as you go over the Turnpike overpass. I would look into Commuter Rail into Yawkey Station which is right behind Boston Beer Works.
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 08:12 PM
cw

I'm assuming this is a day game during the week? If you don't want to pay the regular weekday parking rate, taking the Red Line is probably your best bet. You'll have to change at Park St. for the B, C, or D Green Line to Kenmore (for Fenway). Don't take the E train. Check www,.mbta.com for the best station off Rt. 3.

For a weekend game, it's a different story.

You could drive up 128 to Riverside or Woodland stations if you want to avoid a subway transfer.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

tchoiniere, Is the commuter rail the gray line? Not sure where Boston Beer Works is.

cw,
I am worried about daytime parking at the red line. Do you have any idea if there will be parking.

Thanks all for your help.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 06:03 AM

my friend always parks at Alewife on the redline. Yes, it can be crowded, but the garage is very large, and rarely completely full.

I don't know what the gray line is, but the commuter rail you should look at is the Worcester-Framingham line. It is the one which stops at Yawkey station. It can, however, be hard to get parking at the Framingham station if you come from 9-5. I'm not sure about the other stations.

Kenmore station is closer than Fenway station. Its really not a bad walk from there, although tchoiniere has it right.

One more parking trick which I like for day games, but its not exactly cheap I like to have lunch at Eastern Standard at the Hotel Commonwealth in Kenmore square. If you dine there, and get your parking ticket validated, you can usually use their valet parking for $17 and stay through the game. if you don't dine there, at least last year, it was $30. You can reserve a parking spot when you make your lunch reservation (call them to ask about the rate). This is a truly civilized way to park at Fenway and get a great meal as well. However, this is the same distance from the park as the Kenmore t stop.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 08:37 AM
cw

Cybor, it looks like North Quincy or Quincy Adams stations have the most weekday availability. I checked on the T website: http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/par...+Parking#Rates
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 08:57 AM

I would look into the subway. I was thinking that all lines passed through Yawkey on the Commuter Rail now that they have a full station there. You would be going well out of your way to get onto one into Yawkey.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 01:42 PM

Coming from the south, Quincy Adams is the place to park. The other lots tend to fill up early, but I would think Quincy Adams would have spots.

The "grey" line is the Silver Line. This is a glorified bus and not what you are looking for.

Yawkey Station is on the commuter rail, which will be purple on the maps. Not sure what the schedules are like. It is closer to Fenway than Kenmore, but not sure it is a huge difference and I'd go to Kenmore for the frequency.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

cw/TravelG,
I'm seeing N Quincy & Quincy on the MBTA site that shows how many parking places there are but it doesn't say anything about Quincy Adams. I see it on the Red Line map key, though. Do you have the address or can you tell me if it's immediately off the highway?

china,
That does sound like a perfect way to go to the game. I'm not sure, however, that we'll have enough time.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Just took a better look. The N. Quincy station looks like it has a few more parking spaces but doesn't seem as easy to get as Quincy Adams. We'll be coming up the Rte. 3 from Cape Cod and then heading W to the Rte. 24 on the way home after the game. The QA station appears to work well on both counts.

I just need to find the address of QA to map it better.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 02:36 PM

The North Quincy lot is a surface lot. It gets full, but you might find something. I believe that Quincy Center is closed indefinitely, per the MBTA.

Here is the page for Quincy Adams. It is a very big garage. IIRC, there is a Burgin Pkwy exit off of 3 that leads right to it.
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_ma.../?stopId=13946

My recommendation is to try Quincy Adams first. If you strike out, then you can cut through Quincy to North Quincy.
Old Jun 17th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 01:42 AM

A few people mentioned it, but let me direct - every public transit option involves a sizeable walk to Fenway - it does not matter if Yawkey, Fenway or Kenmore. None of these are options I would think workable for someone who "can't walk too far". And logistics of Fenway, as you probably know, involve even more walking to get to correct entrance and then within Park.

I know of no compromise - either you pay a lot to park or have a walk that is far more than your friend can handle.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 04:09 AM

Take a cab from wherever you park. It is not that much if you are physically not able to walk. We did after the last game back to Beacon Hill. It was a zoo and we just got a cab.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 04:10 AM

Just so we are all working from the same page, the walk from Kenmore to Fenway is around a quarter mile, plus a little bit to get to your entrance gate. Yawkey Station would be maybe 100 yards. I'm not sure if that is too much walking or not, but it doesn't seem that bad.

If mobility is an issue for those distances, I'd recommend the T to South Station and then catching a cab from the stand.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

She said she could walk a half mile or so. I actually think she can walk further than she thinks.
We've taken a few walks this week and she's done fine. Just out of shape with a minor foot problem and not the best shoes - nother story.
If it gets to be too much from wear ever we are we'll snag a cab. Trying to keep the cost down. A cab ride here, a hot dog there, it adds up.
Thanks for all your help.
Old Jun 18th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

edit - wherever

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -