Maui to Oahu in one day??

Oct 2nd, 2002, 12:16 PM
chris

Maui to Oahu in one day??

We will be in Maui for 12 days, my husband wants to go to Oahu for the day to see Peral Harbor. Is this something that we can do in one day?? Any tips for a one day trip to Oahu??

Thank You

Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:23 PM
scigirl

You could take an interisland flight (about $60 one way, per person - with interisland flight coupons.) and from there take a taxi to the Arizona Memorial (probably about $15-$20). Flights are frequent and you can reserve a seat in advance and buy froma travel agent interisland coupons when you arrive. It is possible to do this trip in one day. It might be a nicer trip if you can instead spend two-three days on Oahu and see a little bit more of the island.

Oct 2nd, 2002, 02:30 PM
Nova

There are one day tour packages from Maui to Pearl Harbor, including air fare.

Oct 2nd, 2002, 03:13 PM
Dave

You can definitely do it in one day - Pearl Harbor was the highlight of our trip to Oahu. However, if you are going to be in Maui for 12 days, why not take a little more time on Oahu? That way you don't have to rush through your day at Pearl Harbor. Check out Waikiki (a little tacky but a must see)and Hanauma Bay (some of the best snorkeling in the islands).

Oct 2nd, 2002, 04:47 PM
Postal

Just don't fall for a commercial boat tour of Pearl Harbor because they can't let you out on the Arizona Memorial itself - only the official Navy tour boats can do that.

Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:54 AM
Nova

I don't think the boat tours of Pearl Harbor make any claims that thier customers can get on the Arizona memorial.

Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:27 AM
Maggi

Keep in mind that you should get to Pearl Harbor early (by 6:30am) to avoid a long wait in line. You would be done there by noon and could spend the rest of the day in Honolulu, possibly strolling down Kalakaua Ave. along the beach and have a sunset dinner outside at House Without a Key at the Halekulani Hotel. They have entertainment every night and the view is spectacular. Then fly back out at 10:00 or so. If you do Pearl Harbor, be sure to wear closed toe shoes (no sandals allowed) and be prepared to check any bags and purses.

Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:37 AM
xxx

Why are sandals not allowed at Pearl Harbor ?

Oct 3rd, 2002, 11:40 AM
PJ

I just visited Pearl Harbor and had to check my purse. You also have to check large camera bags, stollers, any type of bags ie diaper bags and the list went on. I don't remember seeing a sign about sandals but I would wear tennis shoes just in case. What was most annoying was that I was not prepared for the mandatory purse check because I would have left my purse in the hotel safe before going to Pearl Harbor. We also visited the SS Bowfin and The Mighty Mo all for about $18 or less. They charge $2.00 to check your bag. Have fun.