Maui restaurants

Jun 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Maui restaurants

We are planning on returning to Maui and was wondering if any new restaurants (last 2 years) have opened up or anyone can recommend in the Wailea, Kihei area. We will be staying somewhere in Wailea

Last time we ate at the following, we are traveling with 14 & 12 yr old that are used to dining out.

Spago-loved but expensive of course
Joe's
Stella Blues
Tommy Bahama
Cheeseburger Paradise
Cafe O'Lei

One night we drove to Lahaina and had dinner at Kimo's which we loved

What other places would you recommend in Kihei or Wailea that aren't on the price range of Spago, don't want to spend $300 for dinner each night

Thanks
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:04 PM

Not a new place - but try the Waterfront in Maalea.
http://www.waterfrontrestaurant.net/

Parking is difficult but worth it.

Do a great breakfast at The Seawatch at the Wailea Gold Golf Course http://www.seawatchrestaurant.com/

Crabcake Benedict picture:
http://tinyurl.com/6kqg8o

View from Seawatch:
http://tinyurl.com/6pa3uq

Many other great places to eat in Maui!
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:45 PM

For good, cheap fish in Kihei try Alexander's. It is super casual, with some tables and a counter to eat on outside. We take the food across the street to Kalama Park and eat on the beach.

I'd take a drive have dinner either at Casanova in Makawao or Haiilimaile General Store nearby.

Jun 7th, 2008, 03:57 PM

We're gone to Sansei for years. If you've never been and love sushi - you must go, you must!
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:06 PM

DUO is the latest restaurant to open in Wailea, located also in the Four Seasons (directly below Spago). I can't think of any other new restaurants that have opened up recently in the area. Cafe O'Lei is still a winner, IMO. If you get out to Paia, the Flatbrad Company is a great place to take the kids. They use only fresh, wholesome and organic ingredients, and you can watch their flatbreads (pizzas) bake in the stone oven. Prices are very reasonable.
Jun 8th, 2008, 07:41 AM

We had dinner at Seawatch last year. It was one of the best meals we had in Hawaii. We went to Spago's a few days later and I thought my meal was better at Seawatch. Also, the sunset from Seawatch was breathtaking.
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

thanks everyone
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:04 PM

Gosh, we hated Seawatch.

Loved Cafe O'Lei!

Longhi's has a location in Wailea. We ate breakfast and lunch there (different days, of course) and were very pleased. They even let me have a recipe.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

We have confirmed our flights and we are heading to Maui for 10 glorious nights this summer. Looking forward to trying some old favorites and some new places

Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:26 AM

Been going to Sansei for years but at the Kapalua location..they do have one in Kihei now.
Maui Tacos for a decent burrito after snorkeling all day.
I like Hula Grill in Kaanapali its not the best food but decent and nothing like feet in the sand..having drinks and fresh ahi poke watching the sunset.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:07 AM

I don't know if Antonios is still there in Kihei but we use to love going to it, with good Italian. It's in one of the Azteca Shopping Centers. We also love the Greek Restaurant in Kihei, the Greek Bistro; it's right on So. Kihei Rd., upstairs with a friendly staff, especially the owners. Also for a dine down go to Peggy Sues if it is still there in the Shopping Center on So. Kihei Road next to the Bike Shop(Motor).It's an old fashion Soda shop with great Milk Shakes, Burgers & Chili & Rice Plate. Yes Alexanders is great for Fish & Chips & have great Ribs.You can get your Fish deep fried or grilled. Fish & Chips with Ahi as the fish, Love it.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 09:49 AM

I like Hula Grill in Kaanapali its not the best food but decent and nothing like feet in the sand..having drinks and fresh ahi poke watching the sunset.

And live music, too!
Jan 22nd, 2009, 10:10 AM

How could I forget the live music!
The food is better than decent..its quite good and always a good time..

www.hulagrill.com
Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

I don't think we will venture into Lahaina and we won't be going to Hana this time around but want to head up to Paia and even into upcountry area

If anyone has any recommendations for those places I would love to hear them
Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM

For a casual lunch in Paia, the Paia Fish Market is very good. Sit at shared picnic tables, order at the counter.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM

Kimos and Merrimans are good, but Pineapple grill is tops. btw-Anyone been to Roys in Kapalua lately? Are things still on the skids?
Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:57 AM

We stay in Makena every summer and, aside from Sansei which is a must (call them to confirm their early bird specials on Sunday and Monday which is great!), we love Nick's at the Kea Lani (ask for one of the booths in the room next to room where the bar is) or Sarento's which is in Wailea (ask for a table inside oceanfront). Book both of these just prior to Sunset. Also, the Waterfront can be good as well (call them to confirm their buy one fish entree get one free early bird special and confirm that you got the special when you pay your bill). Also, a fun place to have a burger or fish/chips is Mulligans on the Blue at the Wailea golf course. They also have live music most nights which is fun...
Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:33 AM

bm

Search this Thread