Search

Maui questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui questions

We are getting close to our first trip to Maui for our honeymoon in 2 weeks. Couple of questions on a few things. We have a several things planned, but not too many. Road to Hana, Helicopter tour of West Maui and Molokini, snorkeling at Black Rock, driving to see the crater and the needle. We are staying at the Hyatt for the first 3 nights and then moving to a condo near Black Rock for the last 8 nights.

We are trying to decide between the Drums of the Pacific luau and the Feast at Lele. I am a huge foodie, but with the fact that we are stying at the Hyatt where the drums is...wondering if it would be easier to attend that one. Anyone know how far Lele is from the Hyatt? We will have a car, but don't want to dirve after drinking. Any feedback would be great.

For restaurants we are planning to hit the Oz deli, Sansei, Aloha Mixed plate, Gerards, Hula grill, Fish and Poi, Lelanis. I was disappointed to see that Vino's Italian Tapas had closed in Maui. Any suggestions on a great Italian spot? I am not Italian (screen name) Italy is just my favorite country for food thus far. And I will say I do enjoy authentic Italian. I have read that Casanova's in the upcountry is good? Any thoughts? and is it worth the drive?
Also we have not made reservations for any activites...which ones do we need to do before we leave? This one is hard because we are "see how we feel" people. "You feel like going to a luau tonight?"

Thanks!!
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 08:05 AM

My wife and I just got back from our Honeymoon in Maui a couple of weeks ago. We stayed at the Hyatt (awesome hotel) and we had a great Italian meal at Spatz which is in the hotel.
We did not go to Drums but our balcony overlooked it. It looked ok but i'm happy I didn't pay $85 a person to go to it. Friends told us the Old Lahaina Luau was really good but we were unable to get reservations.
We had apps and drinks at the Hula Grill very tasty and a great outside bar to watch the sunset. We also enjoyed Kimo's in Lahaina.
We were big fans of hanging out by the pool and I highly reccommend the Couples Lomi Lomi Beach Massage, very relaxing. Hope you have as much fin as we did.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 10:35 AM

We also stayed at the Hyatt for our Wedding/Honeymoon (2 years ago this week!) We had a fantastic time and loved the pool as well as the couples massage sjwoodys recommends.
We attended the Feast at Lele. It was a fantastic show. Good food, drinks, and it's a sit down dinner (no buffet). It also feels more intimate than some of the other luaus. The location is not far from the Hyatt, but if you both plan on drinking a lot, of course I have to suggest you don't drive at all. You should make reservations for this before you leave, as it fills up fast. I've heard the Hyatt Luau was good, they also have a fire knife dancer (Old Lahaina does not). Either way, you will have a good time.
You should be able to plan your other activities once you arrive since it is not the busiest time of year.
Have a wonderful honeymoon! We will be returning for Christmas/New Year's and are starting to count the days!
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 05:15 PM

For the best meal ever... try to fit in a meal at Mama's Fish House.We stopped there after day of touring the Road to Hana. It was fabulous. The view & the food are out of this world. It's a bit pricey. But, well work it.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 05:58 PM

Drums of the Pacific is a good luau. They have the best fire knife dancer on Maui.

Here are some good Maui sites to help you find things to do:

www.visitmaui.com

www.mauihawaii.org

www.gohawaii.com

www.alternative-hawaii.com Good driving tours & restaurant guide

www.driveguidemagazines.com Good maps & restaurant reviews

www.hawaiiweb.com

Pick up a copy of 'Maui Revealed'.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all for your replies! Congrats to you recent honeymooners. We are gettng more excited to be there. I do have the Maui Revealed, it's great.