Search

Maui, Party of 15?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Tom S.

Maui, Party of 15?

Can anyone recommend a good restaurant in Maui that can accomodate 15-20 people?

My brother is getting married in Wailea in October, and our small wedding party is planning to go to dinner afterwards.

The wedding is informal, so we'll be dressed casually. But we'd love to find something with a bit of charm (e.g. nice view, good atmosphere, etc.).

It'd be nice if they served alcohol (we'll need a couple mai tais after the wedding).

Price max = $50/per person.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:42 AM
Nova

I assume that this is mostly a young crowd. There are several moderately priced restaurant/bars in "The Shops At Wailea". I suggest "Cheeseburger Mai Tais and Rock n Roll" or "Tommy Bahamas".

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 11:56 AM
topper

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 02:58 PM
Linda

The SeaWatch at the Wailea Gold Golf Course would be my first choice. Great view...good food...
Second choice would be Joe's Bar and Grill near the tennis courts in Wailea...(moe upscale than the name indicates)
Definitely not Tommy Bahamas or Cheeseburger in Paradise...fine for a casula dinner or lunch but not for after a wedding.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:05 PM
tc

Tom,
I'm not sure how far ERIC'S SEAFOOD GROTTO restaurant is from Wailea, but it would certainly be worth the drive!
Although it doesn't really have a view, the food AND service more than makes up for it!
Enjoy!

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:14 PM
lou

You may consider Nicks at Kea Lani...perhaps they can put together a simple menu for you...they are wonderful. Spago's is excellent at the 4S. Either will be lovely for everyone, and aloha wear is the norm. Both have the best food, and app,dinner and dessert should be just about 50 without drinks........good luck.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Tom

Thanks everyone. These are great suggestions (that I wouldn't have been able to find on my own).

Mucho mahalo.

Old Oct 7th, 2002, 10:55 AM
may

We had a dinner party for about 20 several years ago at the Grand Wailea Bistro Molokini. You can wear polo shirt or aloha shirt with khaki pants for men and sun dresses for ladies. Here's info from there web site. As for food you can have pizza, pasta, salad, etc.

Bistro Molokini
In the heart of the resort, Bistro Molokini offers a relaxing, open-air ambience with breathtaking views of the Pacific and distant islands. Featuring an exhibition kitchen and kiawe wood-burning oven, the Bistro offers a delightful blend of California and Island cuisine. Open for lunch and dinner.

Restaurant Reservations: Call (808) 875-1234 x 4900 or Contact Us

Bistro Molokini
In the heart of the resort, Bistro Molokini offers a relaxing, open-air ambience with breathtaking views of the Pacific and distant islands. Featuring an exhibition kitchen and kiawe wood-burning oven, the Bistro offers a delightful blend of California and Island cuisine. Open for lunch and dinner.

Restaurant Reservations: Call (808) 875-1234 x 4900 or Contact Us