Maui June06 best honeymoon hotel

Old Jul 30th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui June06 best honeymoon hotel

I'm getting married in Maui and I would like to know the best hotels to stay at.
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 04:01 PM

Hey Alicia,
Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I would recommend The Fairmont Kea Lani in Wailea. It is a beautiful hotel with suite style rooms. The staff is friendly and helpful. The grounds are amazing. I think some of the other hotels are more child oriented if that is aconcern for your guests. Although I think it makes much more quiet for you. I stayed there on my honeymoon and would not have changed a thing. I saw many couples get married there during my stay.
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 04:29 PM

I only ate at Nick's there and agree with the above poster!! Everything I saw made me want to stay there....very upscale!!

Belle
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:37 AM

You can get your own searanch cottage at the Hotel Hana Maui, with a private jacuzzi on your private deck, with ocean view in the distance. Exquisitely romantic place! We spend 2 nights there on our anniversary trip.

We also had 5 nights at the Maui Prince hotel south of Wailea, which I chose because we prefer locations with more privacy. The Kaanapali beach area is too busy and overbuilt for us. It depends on what you prefer.

The Wailea area is classy and less crowded, with good snorkeling beaches nearby.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:07 AM

It all depends on what your definition of the best hotel means. What do you want most out of the hotel? I did a trip report on 2 terrific hotels in Maui recently. There's a lot of good places to choose from but we'd have to know your budget, location likes, what type of room, beach person, pool person, action person, secluded person, or whatever type of person you are to give you a good recommendation. I must tell you that you will enjoy Maui no matter where you stay though. Good luck and I hope you can get good advice here.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:54 AM

HI

It depends on what you want in the hotel itself and what's around the hotel.

We were in Hawaii last fall and stayed at two hotels so we could get the best of everything Maui has to offer.

If you want a beautiful luxury hotel near shopping, dinner and people oriented activites then I would recommend the Kea Lani in wailea myself.

If you also want some privacy and seculsion totally away from it all with no tv or radio in the room I highly recommend Hotel Hana Maui up in Hana. Staying there was a dream for us and we absolutely hated leaving for civilization.

I have a trip report and pictures of both the Kai Lani and Hotle Hana Maui. Just email me at [email protected] and I will give you the link to the pictures
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice. I've looked into the Kea Loni. Whant do you think about Grand Wailea? I'm looking for a luxuary hotel with a great spa also.