Search

Maui Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2004, 03:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui Honeymoon

What Hotel(s) would you recommend for a 10 night stay in Maui - for less than $300 / night? Preference is for something on the beach. However, we'd like to avoid Condos and B&B's. Seems like a tall order. Hope you can help.
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 06:05 AM

Tedsby,
Not such a tall order! Kaanapali Beach Hotel, Maui Prince and Napili Kai Beach Club all come to mind. They are all in different parts of the island. Maui Prince is in Makena. KBH is in Kaanapali and the Napili Kai Beach Club is in Napili. They are all on great beaches. KBH is in the most populated area.
I'm not a priceline devotee, but you might want to look into using that service too.
You could also go to tripadvisor.com to see reviews of these hotels which might help. Have fun planning!
-Bill
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 07:52 AM

We just stayed at the Maui Prince after a two day splurge at the Hotel Hana Maui (worth it). The Prince was perfectly fine. The hotel rooms are basic and the hotel is lovely. It has a fabulous beach to snorkle from. We had a partial ocean view room but still had great sunset views every night.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 04:30 PM
sap

We just got back from Maui and had Sunday brunch at the Maui Prince one morning. I couldn't tell you about the rooms, but the hotel doesn't seem not too bad. My impression was that it was a little outdated in the decor and less elegant than some of the other Wailea properties, but the open indoor garden was quite nice. The beach in front of the hotel was great, with sand so soft it felt like walking on sponge cake. I hear the snorkeling is also good there and plan to try it next time.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
sap

Oops - I meant to say "doesn't seem too bad." We just got in from the red-eye flight this morning and my brain is a bit foggy.
Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 06:07 PM

Loved the Kaanapali Beach! Great location, nice staff. Beach is lovely, views are breathtaking, really enjoyed the outdoor dining/bar area. Rooms are well kept and nicely decorated. Sorry...can't comment on any others on Maui. Tip for ya...go to a local dive shop to rent snorkel gear and ask for suggestions on where to snorkel locally. They usually have the best prices and hints for you. The snorkeling is great in Maui for those of us who only snorkel on vacations! Enjoy yourselves!!