Search

MAUI - HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAUI - HELP!!

Hi,

My wife and I are visiting Maui on our 5-year anniversary this June. We have the flight and car all booked--just have the hotel/condo left.

What we need help with is finding a place for 7 nights on Kaanapali for under $120/night. Do you think this is possible? Does anyone know of any good discounts/promotions or an agency that offers wholesale pricing?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 04:18 PM

For that price--I would try Kahana, which is 5 minutes away toward Kapalua. They have many great condo deals and it puts you nearer Kapalua Bay.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 08:04 PM
mlc

I would also try Napili, about 10 minutes north of Kaanapali. We saw some very nice condos on the beautiful Napili beach which were very nice, and you could some of the units for the price you're looking for.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 04:05 AM

Reemoe, checkout vrbo.com! You can rent directly from condo owners rather than through agencies like Aston that have higher rates b/c the agency gets a big cut.
Click on Hawaii, Maui, and then Kaanapali. We are staying at an Aston Condo complex for one week in June for 700. (albeit studio but it is OCEANFRONT)
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 05:11 AM

If you are not adverse to Priceline, the Kaanapali Villas have been selling for around $80-90 night. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com first, it is a forum/board that supports Priceline and has good info about past bids that you can use to shape the price you then bid.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the relies! Something to add: does anyone know of any oceanfront B&B's in Kaanapali or Kahana?

Thanks!
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Alohamom! That is what we ended up doing--we bid $85 a night on Priceline and were accepted! What this all means is that we are flying from Kansas City to Maui and staying on Kaanapali Beach for 7 nights, with a rental car, for $2,150! I am confident that it would be hard to match this, as most places I've seen are closer to the $3,000+ range.

A tip I wanted to pass around to others: we got our air fare/car package on United Escapes. Not sure if its required, but you may have to sign up for their "Miles Plus" frequent flier program first (its quick and easy and free). But with airfares pushing $1,000/tix right not, this package worked out to be roughly $640/tix (assuming the car was about $200/week).

Aloha!!
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 08:03 AM

Good for you guys! We booked for the first time through Priceline for Kaanapali at the end of March and I still cannot believe what we paid! It almost seems too good to be true. I know there are major limitations to Priceline and you really have to be sure of when and where you want to go. I started looking at the bidding for travel forum in the fall when a poster on this board said she had booked the Hyatt for $65/night.(Pool construction ws going on) You guys got some awsome deals! Just curious, did you end up hooking Kaanapali Villas or Kaanapali Beach Hotel? Have a great time!