Maui Condo w/ Children's Pool

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone suggest a condo on Maui with a children's pool? My daughters will have just turned three and six months at the time of our visit, so I'm not looking for big waterslides or a large teen-oriented pool scene. Rather, I'd like someplace relatively quiet with a small shallow pool appropriate for little ones. I'm hoping for an ocean view, beach access, and a Wailea or Kaanapali location. Preferably no more than $700/night. I'm tentatively booked at the Westin but would prefer a condo. Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
dmlove

Kaanapali Alii. I don't remember if it has a separate kids' pool, but I'm fairly certain it has a shallow end. This is a luxury but not resort-y property located between the Marriott and the Westin, on the beach. We stayed there when our kids were the ages your's are now.

Old Nov 7th, 2007, 01:38 PM
dmlove

bumping for you (because I'm really surprised you didn't get more responses)

Old Nov 7th, 2007, 03:13 PM

The Marriott Ocean Club has a fun pirate shipwreck pool area for little ones. I wouldn't describe it as relatively quiet, but the condos are very nice, it has an ocean view and a great location.
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 04:42 PM

I think the reason for the few responses is the price; an extremely high number that means you could stay anywhere, anytime.
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 06:34 PM
dmlove

The $$$ budget is quite high, but not every $700/nt hotel or condo has a kiddie pool, which is what the poster was asking for.

By the way, if you do consider the Marriott Ocean Club, be aware that its all timeshare now, and the part that used to be a hotel is just suites (no kitchens) whereas the new villas building contain spectacular condos (up to 3 BR, with LR, DR and Kitchen)

Old Nov 7th, 2007, 08:53 PM

Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas (north of the Westin Hotel) are time share condos which also are available for rent. I have no idea of price but they do have a nice sized kiddie pool as well as a kids pool with a pirate ship in the middle of it. Quite a few families with young kids there and definitely calmer than the Marriott. All units have full sized kitchens and the studios have smaller galley style kitchens.
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 10:51 AM

Just south of Lahaina is a gated townhome community called Puamana. It has 3 pools, 1 especially for children, 1 for children & adults & an oceanfront pool for adults. I love this location because it's convenient to everything, but far enough away from the busyness of Lahaina to provide you with a quiet retreat after your busy day. The beach in front of the complex is pretty rocky, but swimming isn't bad.

Hope this is helpful - enjoy wherever you choose to stay.

Dianne
Old Nov 10th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestions. I know that my budget is quite high and I didn't mean to offend by mentioning it. I just wanted to make it clear that I was looking for a little luxury with some very specific features -- spaciousness, ocean views, beach access, and a much desired kiddie pool. (As another poster kindly noted, many higher end condos and even some hotels don't have pools which are good for toddlers.) I've decided on the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas, which seem to have it all (including availability!). Again, thanks to all for your input.
Old Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:09 PM

Dawn - Wondering how your stay was at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas. We have twin 1.5 year olds and wondering if it was comfortable for your family during your stay. Thanks.