Search

Maui and Kauai in March

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui and Kauai in March

Hi folks,
My husband an I want to go to Maui and Kauai in March 2004. I would like to rent a condo on each Island for 6 nights each. I want to stay around Whalers in Maui and on the south side of Kauai. I have checked over 200 listings on this site for some suggestions and now I am really confused. I would like to spend around $200 per night and have condos with a good pool and near or on the beach. We have no kids and don't particularly want to stay where kids are the main focus. Any suggestions? thanks
Old Jun 8th, 2003, 05:11 PM
iceeu2

Kids won't be the main focus in March unless you happen upon spring break time. The longer you look, the more confused you become. Go with gut instincts. You do have the guidebooks don't you?

Old Jun 8th, 2003, 07:50 PM

It might be a bit more than $200 but on Kauai--- Whalers Cove in Poipu is outstanding and worth it. The unit we were in was for sale for 1.5mil(need I say more) and the area it was in was perfect. And by the way, the pool(heated) area was all done in natural stone and is beautiful. We saw no children.
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 04:53 AM

I have repeatedly faced the situation you are describing and what my wife and I have found helpfull is to establish what the trip priorities are relative to the property/location. For example, if you want to do alot of sightseeing stay closer to the center or Maui, so you don't have far to drive. Or if there is a particular good snorkel area (e.g., Kapalua bay) stay near there. What is most helpfull is to preview the individual property in a virtual reality tour, in our experience you get what you see. Also if you deal through a realtor, you may be able to switch to another unit, if you don't like the one you get. You will love Maui and Kauai!
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 09:08 AM

Hi - I just booked a studio condo at the Whaler on Kaanapali Beach right next to Blackrock and next door to Whalers Village. I found on VRBO.com and it is a beach front condo. We are paying 150.00 per night for a studio- includes tax. Then pay 35.00 cleanng fee to Whaler and $7 per day for parking. So with every thing is approx. 155.00 per night. We will be there the second week of March for 7 nights. I would suggest booking right away - direct from owners condos go fast. We paid 2 night deposit and the balance is due February 1st. We can cancel up to February first. This will be our third trip since 2000. We get a little smarter with each trip. We have figured out you dont have to pay $400 a night for condo or 350.00 for Hotel. All we book thru travel agent now is the Air/Car Package beause you pay only a deposit on the package until 60 days before and can cancel if needed also. Hope this helps!