Marriott Harbor Beach Resort -- Priceline

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at this resort. It looks beautiful, and other family members will be staying in nearby Pompano Beach, but I wondered if anyone's been there (we're thinking of thanksgiving week) and whether they got there via priceline.

many thanks in advance.
Old Aug 9th, 2003, 02:47 AM

Hi flopmeister,I stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort a couple of years ago and it was great!The pool and beach were VERY nice!! The staff is friendly and efficient.We had a pool/ocean view room.It was a good size room with a balcony.It's a really great place to stay.I did not get this hotel thru Priceline but when I see what prices they are getting on Priceline ($69?)I wish I did.Anyway,you'll love your stay there reguardless of how to get it...
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 08:08 AM

Good Question. I was looking into the same hotel, from the reviews it seems like a nice upscale resort.hopefully
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 08:56 AM

I think this is one of Marriott's better resorts. I stayed there for a weekend about 6 wks ago and it was just great ( as long as you are not expecting ultra luxe Four Seasons or Peninsula type rooms.)

The rooms are smallish as this is an older Marriott property but it has been upgraded recently. If you can swing it, request an Ocean Front room. The Ocean View rooms on the south end of the hotel are nice as well and you can see the cruise ships as they come and go through the government cut.

The restaurant 3030 Ocean is excellent and the room and view are great.

The pool is the center of activity and there is beach side service. I had several spa treatments that were the best I've had in a hotel type spa (as opposed to a more traditional spa like Canyon Ranch).

The one drawback is the heavy booking of this hotel for business meetings and functions but Thanksgiving week is usually quiet and a good time to go. We did Thanksgiving there about 4 years ago.
Old Aug 10th, 2003, 02:10 PM

Hi flopmeister and lilley,Just go to tripadvisor.com and they have lots of great,current reviews of the Marriott Harbor beach...
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 04:31 PM

Thanks!! I hope it's not crowded during the beginning of November?
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 04:38 PM

I've been there several times for work (sales meetings) and always wished I could go for pleasure. It's a great hotel (and I'm not a big fan of Florida). Really nice pool area w/cabanas for rent. Great service and the food is decent too. There are also casual restaurants w/in walking distance as well as water taxis for the intercoastal waterway. Enjoy!
Old Aug 11th, 2003, 05:00 PM

Great beach set up to relax sit back watch the planes fly over with a cool breeze. Great location...concierge is superb when you want to know "what to do" or "where to go". Eat at Shooters if you can.