Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Does the Marriott Harbor Beach in Ft Lauderdale have a nice swimming pool area with waterfalls?

Search

Does the Marriott Harbor Beach in Ft Lauderdale have a nice swimming pool area with waterfalls?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking to visit Florida 3/22-3/29. We want to stay in a resort w/out spring breakers. I'm thinking that they can't afford the Marriott.

Anyway, can anyone tell me the following:

1) Is there a waterfall in the swimming pool that you can swim under?

2) How is the beach?

3) How are the rooms?

Thank you for your time.

Susan
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 02:49 PM

I love the Harbor Beach, but don't assume there won't be spring breakers. They're just about everywhere here in Florida in March!

There is a small waterfall but nothing you can swim under. However, the spa has its own pool, so for a day's membership ($25?) you can swim in that "special" pool. Don;t know about a waterfall there either.

The pool area is very nice, with Jacuzzis placed among the rocks alongside the pool. It's just incredibly relaxing. The beach is gorgeous and all kinds of activities are available.

The rooms are typical Marriott - well appointed, most offering at least an ocean view - but don't drink the bottle of water in the bathroom or you'll get charged $5! (A very common ploy these days!)

I stay there at least once per year and heartily recommend it.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 03:48 PM

Harbor Beach was a pleasant surprise to us. Grounds, pool, spa and beach are a notch above what one would expect from a Marriott. Don't recall a swimmable waterfall. Could have some spring breakers of college age, will defintely have some families with children. Rooms are fine as above poster noted, nothing special. You need to rent a car to venture outside of the property to enjoy the area restaurants.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 04:03 PM

I'd also highly recommend the Marriott Harbor Beach. The pool and beach areas are both very nice. I really enjoyed the spa. It had just opened before my stay and I found it to be excellent, if pricey. I had one of the rooms that faces the front of the hotel, with a city view rather than an ocean view. These are a little less expensive. You can watch the yachts on the canals from this side of the hotel.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 05:00 PM

By the way, as far as the price goes, I've seen this hotel come up on Hotwire and Priceline for less than $100, and I have seen $109 rates advertised every now and then. It's an enormous resort and they seem to fill it a good part of the time.