Search

Mariners Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mariners Tickets

Just wondering how attendance has been this year. My wife and I will be making my biannual 14 hour drive from Calgary to Seattle to catch some ball at the end of June, and I see that through the Mariners website I can now buy tickets from season ticket holders who can't use their seats on the days we are coming in.

However, given the last minute hassles of life which will inevitably crop up, I am always leery of buying tickets before I arrive. That being said, on my last trip, I ended up sitting in the 300 level as those were the only available seats left through ticketmaster.

So, long story (not so) short, has Safeco been on average 2/3 full, 1/2 full??? Any suggestions?
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 02:59 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The last week or so attendance has been running around 25-35K, depending on the weather (cold.) Safeco holds around 46K tops, so I make that around 2/3 - 3/4 full. By the end of June they ought to be running more like last year, i.e., around 40K per game, depending on who's in town.

I frankly think general admission at Safeco is not bad at all; if the best you can do through evil TM is bad seats in the 300 level, (a) take your chances on e-bay or some of the scalpers who hang out nearby (illegally but the coppers seem to wink), or (b) show up early and get good GA seats, and spend the difference on garlic fries (but please don't sit next to me.) Edgar esta caliente, pero el resto de nosotros es frío.
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 12:00 PM

Safeco field generally stays pretty full in the summer because we love being outside and watching those M's. I agree that ebay or the scalpers may be a good option. There is just no way of seeing what the crowd will be like.

That is a long drive! I have family in Calgary that will be coming down for my wedding in Aug. I keep telling them to fly! haha!
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Wendy, no drive is too long to see baseball!!! My only regret is that we can't make it down at the beginning of June so I can see my beloved M's play my even more beloved Montreal/San Juan/Washington/Portland Expos...
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:46 AM

I'm bringing this back up as we will be in SEA July 16, 17 and 18 and are wondering about tickets for a game at Safeco. Any new hints or advice? Is the ebay, scalper option still better than going with TM? Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:27 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
There are some good seats for those games (Cleveland) on e-Bay, probably better choices than you'd get through TM, but it's easy to do a side-by-side analysis.

One place to look is the "marketplace" feature on the tickets screen at www.seattle.mariners.mlb.com where season ticket holders put their un-needed tix up for sale. Unlike many of the e-Bay listings these tickets are usually sold for face (or less) - I saw some, for instance, in Sec. 107 (really good) for one of those games.

Attendence by mid-July will either be great or mediocre - the team is playing so poorly at the moment that Seattleites might take to their sailboats en masse by then if things don't improve.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 01:07 PM

Thanks Gardyloo,
Coming from the Tampa Bay area, anything over 11,000 in attendance will seem like a real mob to us. We've heard great things about Safeco, so we don't want to miss it.

If you can advice us on what sections are not great for seats, if any, that would be helpful, too. Thanks again.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 01:14 PM

Considering the Mariners are one of the worst teams in baseball this season, I imagine good seats will be fairly easy to have.

I wouldn't worry about a thing.