Manele Bay Hotel Lanai

Old May 7th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Manele Bay Hotel Lanai

Has anybody been here recently as we were thinking about spending a couple of days there since we have never been to Lanai. I know that it has recently been taken over by the four Seasons. We have two children ages 18 and 14. Any fun activities to do there. We are spending a week in Kauai and weren't sure of either spend 4 days on the big island at the Hapuna Prince which we have stayed at before. We have been to the big island 3 times already and have just come back from Maui, Oahu and Kauai over the xmas break. Since we have never been to Lanai I thought it might be fun.
Thanks Karen
Old May 8th, 2006, 02:55 PM

I have never heard a single bad word from people who have stayed at the Manele Bay. I've also read several article about the hotel in the past.

I'm not sure how much there is to do there besides golf and snorkeling. Most of the articles I read are always discussing how "peaceful" and relaxing teh resort is.
Old May 8th, 2006, 03:09 PM

Haven't been there since the Four Seasons takeover, but I just wonder if the resort is too quiet and remote for an 18 yo and 14 yo. (Personally, I went stir crazy and was counting the days till I left Lanai....but that's just me.)

Overall, the beach is on the small side and so is the pool. The plus, though, is that pods of dolphins hang out in the area and, if you're lucky, you might see them.....
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:26 PM

My husband and I spent 4 nights at Manele Bay.a few months ago. It is a beautiful resort - peaceful, relaxing and VERY low key -- so low key that I would never take teenagers. The whole island is very low key. The options outside of the resort are extremely limited too.
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.
Karen
Old May 8th, 2006, 05:24 PM

If your kids golf and play tennis and like to snorkle, they'll love the resort. The beach isn't what I would call small. It has some great snorkling. So good that you may be lucky enough to be swimming with the previously mentioned pod of dolphins. I was lucky enough to have them swimmimg around me when I was there a few years ago. They also have snorkling excursions they can take as well. For a day trip, you could take the Lanai ferry over to Lahaina and catch the last ferry back to Lanai. This way they can get some shopping in. You can rent a jeep and adventure around the island. Finding the petroglyphs in the mountains above Manele Bay was an adventure as well as seeing "The Garden of the Gods". Go to www.gohawaii.com and click on the island of Lanai. There is a lot to do, all you have to do is look for it. Have fun.