Search

LV: Fine Dining, Bellagio restaurants, and Steakhouses

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LV: Fine Dining, Bellagio restaurants, and Steakhouses

Greetings,

I am planning our dining reservations for LV next month. So far, I'm thinking Alex at Wynn, L'Atelier at MGM, and the Eiffel Tower at Paris (this one for nostalgia and view). Realizing I'm a bit "heavy" on the French cuisine, and not wanting seafood, I'm thinking a steakhouse would be nice.

I really wanted to eat at a Bellagio restaurant, but Prime has simply horrible reviews on TripAdvisor. So, I have two questions:

Which is the best restaurant at Bellagio?

What is the best steakhouse in Las Vegas (preferably not a chain)?

I'm thinking great food, wonderful service, romantic ambience, and best experience for the money.

Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 07:12 PM

Our favorite steakhouse in Vegas is the Luxor Steakhouse - we have been there 2 times and both were excellent. If you go to the hotel website I am sure you can get more info. - have fun!
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM

Best restaurant at Bellagio: Picasso. Unfortunately, it also serves French cuisine! Alex is better than Picasso; Alex is also more expensive. I think L'Atelier is slightly better than Picasso with respect to food, but Picasso has the romantic ambience to which you refer.

The best steakhouse in Las Vegas? That's a tough one, as there are so many candidates. You'll get a lot of different answers; my personal favorite is SW Steakhouse (Wynn Las Vegas). Delmonico's was nearly as good; many people will list it as the best.

For what it's worth, Zagat ratings give Prime the highest marks of any steakhouse in town for food, decor, and service. I don't trust Zagat a whole lot, but it's probably as accurate a popularity poll as TripAdvisor.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both!
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM

I'd agree with previous post about SW Steakhouse - my favorite, with a close second place finish for Delmonico. I've also had a number of great meals at Olives in the Bellagio.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Never did make it to a steakhouse. But did have some fabulous meals.

Hands down favorite was Alex at the Wynn. Just amazing. And actually, one of the best values, considering all the little tasting "extras." Service, atmosphere, and presentation were top notch. And ever have one of those meals where you just in awe of everything you put in your mouth?

We also really enjoyed The Eiffel Tower at Paris (service, view, and food were excellent) and at the Daniel Bouloud (food was great) at the Wynn. Also went to L'Atelier, but was a little disappointed. Really tiny portions of rather salty food served at an uncomfortable counter in very noisy atmosphere.

Would have like to tried Prime, but messed up on the reservations. Would have gone to SW, but didn't want to do all Wynn restaurants! Should have gone to Luxor's - next time! Also wanted to try Tao, but ran out of time.

Old Apr 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Dreamer2, sounds like a great dining trip! I can't imagine a better filet in LV than we had at the Eiffel Tower with a view of the Bellagio fountains. Want to try the Danile Bouloud next trip.

Thanks for posting back.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 12:04 PM

We went to Daniel Bouloud last month, and we really liked it, too (except for the weird CGI frog on the waterfall).
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

I agree, Kurieff!
The sad thing is that the giant frog was the best of the 7 water/light shows. What a dreadful disappointment!
Old Apr 29th, 2007, 12:39 AM

Friends of mine swear by Fleur de Lys at Mandalay Bay and also Charlie Palmer's for awesome steak...