Las Vegas - Best Dining Options

Aug 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Original Poster

Las Vegas - Best Dining Options

Now that I've sorted out side trip to Grand Canyon, on to dining in LV!

I've searched the site, but didn't find what I need to know...

Would love your thoughts on best buffet (so far sounds like Bellagio??) and one other rest. for special anniversary dinner - price range < $100 per person (anything less would be great!) Rec'd personal rec for Bouchon - is it as great as represented? Any other suggestions would be most welcome!
Aug 5th, 2008, 02:03 AM
casey_reed84

Do not do the Buffet at Bellagio. Although very good at times it is very inconsistent and the service is horrible. Please try the buffet at the Wynn. It is a more pleasurable atmosphere and the food is unbelievable and it's variety is second to none.

I've never eaten at Bouchon but I have looked at the menu and I think you would be hard pressed to spend only $100 per person with any sort of cocktail. I have eaten at just about every Wynn restaurant but Bouchon and have always spent atleast $350 with tip for dinner. But of course we don't have much a budget when we eat in Vegas because it's all about the experience.

I would recommend for your price range, "The Country Club" at the Wynn. It is a beautiful restaurant and a lot cheaper than others in its same caliber. We always come here for lunch for the beautiful views of the golf course and wonderful food. Check it out.

Whatever you choose I'm sure will be fantastic. Vegas is the place to be for great restaurants. Have fun!

Aug 5th, 2008, 10:39 AM

I have dined at both the Bellagio and the Wynn buffets. The atmosphere at Wynn is better than Bellagio--not nearly as crowded or hectic and much more relaxing. But I thought the quality and variety of the food at Bellagio was slightly better than Wynn. Why not try both?!

My wife and I have had excellent meals at Binions Ranch Steakhouse downtown. The steaks are superb, the service impeccable, and the view of the entire Las Vegas Valley at night from a window table simply spectular. Total cost including drinks, wine, and a tip is about $100 per person.

Enjoy your trip.
Aug 5th, 2008, 10:44 AM

I agree with the other posters - the buffet at the Wynn is the much better choice. While I've had good food at the Bellagio buffet, I really think the atmosphere is lacking.

The Wynn Buffet is delicious and is presented in a much prettier setting.

Aug 5th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Once again, I have to thank those who responded for great suggestions!

Wynn buffet may win out - and rec from Kenrf for Binions Ranch Steakhouse (with window seating) would probably suit my group better than Bouchon.

Thanks for the helpful hints!

Happy travels to all..
Aug 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM

We had lunch at Mesa Grill at Caesers Palace and enjoyed it. It is owned by Bobby Flay.

We really liked the buffet at the Bellagio. It was excellent the night we were there.

Aug 7th, 2008, 09:35 PM

The view from the restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere is amazing. Especially if you go before sunset and watch the view change from daytime to nite.
It is a revolving restaurant, so you can view the whole city, and every table has a view.

Food is good but not amazing, and expensive, but it is quite a romantic setting for an anniversary dinner.
Aug 8th, 2008, 08:42 AM

The Eiffel Tower restaurant at the Paris would be a good place for an anniversary dinner.

I think it's pretty romanctic, with a fantastic view overlooking the Bellagio fountains. And iirc, you could do it for less than $100 per person if you wanted (although it would be easy to spend more with multiple courses and wine).
Aug 8th, 2008, 01:17 PM

We had a dinner for 2 the end of May at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. I had told the maitre d' that we were having a special b'day dinner and he gave us what he called the 'best table for 2' in the corner overlooking the Bellagio's fountains and Caesar's Palace. They won't reserve a special table in advance, but I called a few times to mention it and when we arrived and it did seem that he had held it for us because we were immediately shown to this table. We went just before sunset and watched as everything lit up. It was beautiful and very romantic!

We each had an appetizer, a main course (I had surf and turf), split a side of garlic-spinach, both had dessert (mine was a chocolate souffle) and split a bottle of wine. My husband's dessert was served on a plate upon which 'Happy Birthday' was written in chocolate. The total including tip was $260. I agree you could do it for less, but you'd have to cut corners. It was definitely worth it though.
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:16 PM

I thought the buffet at Paris was delicious. We like the Hofbrahuas Restaurant...great good and fun entertainment.
If you're looking for romantic how about a gondola boat ride at Venetian and dinner in one of their fine restaurants. Have fun!
Aug 21st, 2008, 04:35 PM

The best buffet is the Sterling Brunch @ MGM. My pick for your standard buffet fair would be Paris.