Looking for things to do near Dana Point

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My gf and I will be spending Easter Weekend in Dana Point, and would love some recommendations on things to do on Saturday and Sunday (and maybe Monday morning).

Is Disney accessible? I know it isn't far distance-wise, but how would weekend traffic be? How crowded is the park on weekends?

I'd also like some restaurant recommendations. We're staying at the St. Regis (on points - thank you Starwood!), so will probably check out Aqua there one night. Generally we like good food, but more casual settings than Aqua.

Thanks!
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 11:33 AM

you will definitely want to stroll around Laguna Beach one day - it's about 30 minutes from Dana Point - GREAT place.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 03:09 PM

WIZZY,
If you get to Laguna Beach, try to have lunch or dinner at Las Brisas (casual Mexican) which has a great view of the beach from their outdoor patio.
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 03:31 PM

The St. Regis is amazing. You're going to love it there! Definitely do not go to Disneyland that weekend. Not only are the weekends miserable but it's a holiday too. For restaurants I recommend Mirabeau, which is in the Monarch Bay plaza right by your hotel. It's a great French restaurant if you enjoy that cuisine. Walking along PCH in Laguna is a must and make sure to have your gf check out Tutta Bella, which is this awesome clothing store loacted in the same plaza as the restaurant. Have fun on your trip!
Old Feb 7th, 2004, 03:38 PM
mp

You might try having a drink at Cannons - across the Highway in the town of Dana Point. The food is actually ppretty good, the drinks are fine - but the view is spectacular - looks right out onto Dana Point Harbor - go for sunset. Really beautiful. I'm a cynical NYer, but last year, before he died, my father lived in Laguna Niguel - I used to go see him every 3 weeks and he loved to go there, have a glass of wine on the terrace. And he was right - it is beautiful.
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 08:30 PM

For good food and a casual, stylish atmosphere, try the Salt Creek Grill at the corner of PCH and Crown Valley (very close to the St. Regis.). I'm actually sitting in my living room right now looking down at the lights in the St. Regis...it's a fabulous place! Be sure to take the path through the golf course to Salt Creek beach, it will take your breath away. You could also try whale watching (www.danawharfsportfishing.com) or a visit to the Ocean Institute at the Harbor. Forget Disney, it's lots of fun but don't waste 2 days in Dana Point by trekking all the way up to Anaheim and fighting the crowds (can you tell I'm a little biased in favor of Dana Point??!).