Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Looking for kid friendly things to do in Park City, UT for a day

Old Apr 26th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

We are spending a week traveling from Salt Lake City up to Yellowstone and back in late July. After flying into Salt Lake City we're going to drive up to Park City (stopping at This Is The Place Heritage Park on the way) and should be there by mid afternoon. We will spend the night and then most of the next day in Park City. We are 2 families with 4 kids ranging in age from 5 to 10. We are planning on doing the Alpine Coaster and are looking for some other things to do in/around Park City. Are there any fun hikes in that are that aren't too strenuous? Maybe a light mountain bike ride w/ rented bikes? Are there any good trails that are hard packed (sand would kill the 5 year old's ride). Any other ideas?
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 08:48 AM

Wekiva,

I live in Park City and there are lots of fun things to do.

I'm going to search for and top an old thread for you that covers them all.

Old Apr 26th, 2008, 09:09 AM

OK, can't find the one I was thinking of so here goes:

Utah Olympic Park - great facility with an interesting museum. Zip lines and summer bobsled rides (on the real track). Saturday Aerialist shows at noon, fabulous for all ages!

Main Street - great shops, galleries, and gourmet restaurants, casual inexpensive places too. Great outdoor dining.

Park City Mtn Resort - fun activities at the base, mini golf, horseback riding, zip lines, alpine slide, etc.

Mountain biking - many places in town rent. Jan's, Cole Sports, other bike stores. May want to reserve in advance, they do sell out. Several paved, easy, nearly flat bike trails around town.

Golfing, water skiing, hot air ballooning, hiking.

Heber Valley: Heber Creeper, antique steam engine train ride through Provo Canyon.

This is far more than you can do in a day! Bring the hats, sunscreen and sunglasses. Drink plenty of water and have fun.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM

I love the Heber Creeper!
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Dayle

Thanks for those great ideas. I mentioned mountain biking yesterday and both of the moms looked at me like I was joking...so maybe that is out. But between the alpine coaster, the Olympic park and especially the train ride I'm sure we'll all have fun.

Thanks again.