Reload this Page >

Looking for a restaurant in Kauai

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Lisa

My husband and I will be in Kauai for our first anniversary. We are looking for a special place to have a very nice romantic dinner - good food and good view. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old May 18th, 2002, 01:56 AM
Kevin Reiss

Check out my website at http://www.mauisps.com You'll have a great time on Kauai. Dukes On Kauai is my favorite.

Old May 18th, 2002, 03:58 AM
Kat

My favorite is on the Northshore. The dolphin in Hanalei is one of the best places that I've been anywhere. It's right on the river, and very romantic. www.hanaleidolphin.com Also, I love the view from the Princville hotel. I didn't like the Italian restuarant there because it was stuffy and the service was horible, but all other resturants, including the luau were wonderful and had a great view. Either before or after dinner, go to the "Living Room" and watch the sunset.

PS: If you go to Dukes, save room for the Kimo's Hula Pie. I go just for the pie!! I would recommend Dukes also!!
Have fun!!

Old May 18th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Darla

Cmon folks, The Beach House wins hands down.

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:04 AM
lindafromNJ

The Beach House in Poipu is very nice and romantic. It is on the water. It has atmosphere and great food.

Old May 18th, 2002, 08:59 PM
Brenda

Vote number 3 for the Beach House. Dukes and the Dolphin cannot compare, sorry. Both are good restaurants, but have nowhere near the location or atmosphere of the Beach House, in my opinion. The Beach House dining room is feet from the water, the huge sliding glass walls they open for dinner make you feel like you are dining on the lawn overlooking the gorgeous ocean and sunset. The food and service are very good, and again you cannot match the location of this restaurant. None compares on the whole island. Be sure you make reservations for the first seating for sunset, about 5:30pm, and then sit back and let Kauai work its magic on you. Guaranteed you will have a memorable and enjoyable evening.

Old May 19th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Mark

I already have reservations at the Beachhouse. One problem though I have a guest with me who does not like soy sauce or ginger in every meal while in Hawaii. Can you get away from this at the beachhouse? I guess I just need a dish that is not Asian influenced. I love this but our reserv at the beachhouse is the first night and I want options for picky friend.

Old May 19th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Mike

Beach House!!!!!!!!!! We've been to Kauai 3 of past 4 years and have been there each trip.
You would want to get a reservation early enough to enjoy the sunset.

Good Luck.

Old May 24th, 2002, 07:42 PM
xxx

Hey Brenda,

Can you ever give your thoughts with out bashing others??????

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Brenda

I'm not bashing anyone. Just my honest opinion about restaurants On Kauai.

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:44 PM
barbara

People often overlook the Plantation House at Kiahuna. After going to Kauai off and on for 14 years this has been our consisant favorite. It's in a beautiful old house overlooking wonderful gardens (granted the Sheraton is near by). Give it a try. Every time I suggest it to a friend they love it!

Old May 24th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Brenda

Barbara,
I agree that the Plantation House Restaurant at Kiahuna Plantation is great. I had dinner there this past Valentine's day and it was very very nice....good food, great service. The veranda is a very elegant place to have dinner, and the gardens are full of exotic cactus and tropical orchids. This is my second favorite restaurant on the South Shore.

Old May 25th, 2002, 07:32 AM
xxx

Is the Plantation House the old Piatti's restaurant?

Old May 25th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Brenda

Yes, Plantation House is the old Piatti. It was renamed about 2 or 3 years ago. I understand it is still owned by the same people.

Old May 27th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Februarygirl

The Beach House in Poipu gets my #1 vote. The Plantation House in Poipu is also good, but less desirable location, not oceanfront. Roys in Poipu and A Pacific Cafe in Kapaa are both also fantastic, but lack atmosphere as they are unfortunately located in shopping malls. Their menus are terrific, tho.

Old May 28th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Suzie

Anniversary dinner at he Beach House at sunset would be perfect. Make reservations ahead so that you get a window table during the sunset period. If weather is not good and you won't get a sunset then a romantice place is Tidepools at the Hyatt. Get a pondside table as they have quite a bit of privacy. There are only 2 tables on the part that sticks out into the pond and the nearby tables are not as close as they are in the rest of the restaurant.

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Your Father

If you don't stop arguing right now I'm going to stop this car. I told you there's No restaurants in Kauai.