Reload this Page >

Best American Style seafood on Kauai?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:42 AM
Frank

Ok before you start hurling me with daggers. I am writing this because I am traveling this summer with someone that hates soy sauce. We are staying on the North Shore for two weeks and the Poipu one night. Don't get me wrong she will eat enjoy some Asian foods but gets a hankering for seafood cooked with less spices and in a more traditionally mainland American style.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:50 AM
alex

We liked Zelo's in Hanalei. The menu is so extensive that anyone could probably find something they liked. They have everything from burgers and seafood to pasta. Good prices too. Check the rants and raves ection.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:53 AM
Mindy

Try Brenneckes in Poipu Beach - definitely what you are looking for. They have a website - http://www.brenneckes.com

Old May 3rd, 2002, 08:04 AM
Frank

Thanks Alex I know Zelos although I only had an appetiser there once. I went online but the menu does not come up clearly.

Thanks, Mindy I would not have know to check that place out.

I already have a reservation at the beachhouse. See a lot of the stuff that has Asian influence on menu. Anyone ever take a hom hum eater here with success.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:05 PM
Lisa

The Beach House was good, but definitely full of Asian influenced flavors - fits perfectly under the 'fusion' cuisine umbrella. Zelos had the best fish and chips we've ever had. Brenneke's is okay, it's your standard American fare with a great view. If you and your friend like Italian, our favorite restaurant on Kauai is Pomodoro's.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 12:48 PM
Frank

lisa where are you from. The women I am speaking of has a sicilian pizzaria in her town with the owner being from sicily.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:02 PM
Frank

So we normally shy away from Italian on the west coast and in the pacific. There are just loads and loads of Italian immigrants on the East coast.

We also know we can't find the best Asian food here (I like) for me.Definately some choices but nowhere near the authenticity that Hawaii has.