Search

Dinner in Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dinner in Kauai

We will be spending our 25th anniversary in Hawaii next year and will be on the island of Kauai the day of. I am lookin for suggestions on a nice 'romantic' dinner, possibly 'open air' with views of the ocean. We love steak and seafood (fresh, but not sushi).

We are staying in Lihue, but are willing to drive anywhere on the island since nothing is too far either way.

Thanks!
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 01:23 PM

We had a great table at the Beach House restaurant for our anniversary dinner. Our dinner was fantastic and so was our service.

During the same trip we ate at Tidepools at the Hyatt which is very romantic. Try to get a table at the edge of the pond. These are quite private as there are not tables very close by.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 01:32 PM

On our recent trip to Maui and Kauai, we ate our special "last night in the islands" supper on the terrace at Cafe Hanalei, at Princeville Resort. We were "front row centre", and there for sunset. Spectacular! Not only that, the food was great too! (My wife had the seafood, and I had the steak.) This is about as good as it gets.....
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 01:49 PM

Hukilau Lanai is GREAT. But for the BEST romantic views, Cafe Hanalei in Princeville just cant be beat.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 03:35 PM
iceeu2

bouvier, if you want really special have your dinner catered on the beach. I think you will find a link at wizardpub.com..the kauai version..or if I can remember some of the romantics who have posted that in their trip report will top it for you.

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 04:01 PM

i2 or kauaiwahine,

Does Hukilau Lanai have an ocean view?

I second Cafe Hanalei, but I've heard great things about their other upscale restaurant. I forget the name. Auntiemaria has had good things to say about it too, which means a lot in my book! Bali Hai at the Hanalei Bay Resort apparently has dreamy views too, though I've never been there, but plan to in....28 more days!

-Bill
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 04:14 PM
iceeu2

Hukilau Lanai is just that, a lanai...and yes, you can get a glimpse of the ocean. It's great food, but for romance I will go with the others and say Cafe Hanalei or the Beach House Restaurant or the beach itself.
bouvier try to find the photos and trip report of last year of Nancy03..I think that's who had a beach dinner.

Don't miss Hukilau, Billy.

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 04:19 PM
iceeu2

Here you go bouvier, it was Nancy03. This is copied and pasted from her trip report. She also has beautiful photos posted of the event.

Private Beach dinner at the Princeville: Rate 9. This was our wedding dinner on the beach. When I booked this I was concerned about people walking the beach and bugs. We had neither. It was intimate, private and the food and service were wonderful. It was expensive $415 per couple ? but cheaper than a wedding reception.

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 03:54 AM

I second the Beach House and Tidepools. We really liked both (especially the views at the Beach house)
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think the winning consensus seems to be the Cafe Hanalei or the Beach House. I imagine you can't go wrong at either place.
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 10:31 PM

My wife and I went to the Hyatt Regency in Kauai two years ago and ate at the Tidepools. Too awesome to put into words. The restaurant sits over a fairly large pool of tranquil water. I believe there were giant koi swimming about in it. There were tiki torches and you can hear the roar of the ocean as you eat because the restaurant is not enclosed but open and made of wood. Amazing. I'm saving up for our tenth anniversary, which is only eight years away (I just finished paying off our Hawaiian honeymoon!). You can't go wrong there. The food is also awesome. Great Hawaiian fish. I think I had the Mahi Mahi. I hope you have a great 25th! Congratulations from me and my missus!
Old Jul 6th, 2005, 10:36 PM

just please remember to make reservations well in advance. We were in Kauai three nights and we couldn't get into the Beach House before 9pm any night. There just aren't a lot of restaurants compared to the number of tourists, so plan accordingly.