Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Looking for a good B&B in Charleston, SC for Oct.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've just made plans with friends for a weekend trip to Charleston, SC, and would like some recommendations for a Bed and Breakfast to stay in. This is the first trip there for both couples. Also, if anyone has suggestions on restaurants or not-to-be-missed sites in the area, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 03:56 PM
dln

Lois, in the text search box, type in "Charleston and B&B." You'll come up with many threads talking about good places to stay. Charleston is a much-beloved destination, and there's no shortage of discussion about it. Also, just typing in "charleston" will also produce much reading material. You will have a wonderful time there with your friends. (We're partial to the Elliot House Inn, by the way.)

Old Jul 9th, 2003, 04:03 PM
jtp

The Wentworth is absolutely beautiful - I have Friends who have stayed at 27 State Street and loved it, also Friends who have stayed at Two Meeting Street Inn.
My Husband and I stayed (Last Year) at the Long Point Inn, just outside of Charleston and please learn from our experience and avoid this "Inn"
Have you tried the Community section of www.bedandbreakfast.com - they have an interactive message board.
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I will check out the sites. Is a three day stay enough time to spend there?
Old Jul 9th, 2003, 06:52 PM
dln

Lois, it's not enough, but if it's all you have, why worry? You'll be back! Charleston is that kind of place...