Search

Lodging in Carmel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 03:24 AM
karen

Lodging in Carmel

I am looking to spend a couple of nights in Carmel and thought that I would like to stay in town close to shopping and restaurants. I have been looking at the Cobblestone Inn, the Best Western Bay View Inn and the La Playa. Any comparisons or opinions on any of these? How about as far as location goes?

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 05:21 PM
topper

TTT

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 06:27 PM
lynette

Cobblestone has a great location, as does La Playa. (No knowledge of the other.) Cobblestone is a B and B whle La Playa is an older hotel. La Playa has a bar and restaurant on site, if that matters... both are nice... just different styles. Do you have specific amenities you are looking for?

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 05:28 PM
karen

I am looking for a nice place, doesn't have to be luxurious, that is convenient to shopping and restaurants, with perhaps a fireplace and a balcony or patio. A good view would be a bonus.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:30 PM
lynette

Karen,
Go to foursistersinns.com and check out the Cobblestone Inn. That's right downtown and on their same website, look at the Gosby House which is just over the hill in Pacific Grove... it's location is good too and it's a combnation of a shopping area, withlots of old Victorian houses and churches in walking distance. Is it your first time to the area? I've been there more times than I can count and I would stay in PG and drive into Carmel (if it were my first time in the area.)Email me privately if you want more info.

Lynette

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 08:39 AM
David

Karen,

I think the Bay view Inn would fit your needs quite nicely. The rooms are good-sized w/ huge feather-top, king beds and down comforters. Many of the rooms feature fireplaces and the upper level rooms have balconies offering views of Point Lobos and the ocean.

The BVI is located at the back of downtown is is within easy walking distance of most everything. We have stayed here three times and love the combination of features and location.

Hope this helps!

Davidcs