loads a kids wanting food

Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loads a kids wanting food

it's our third visit and the first we bring the kids: 19-18-16 and 7 they are. The youngest is a bit of an active boy so I want to get suggestions about which restaurants are kid friendly in the vicinity of International Drive (we stay right over Pointe Orlando).
We don't mind chains but we do want fruit and vegetables every day!!
We were thinking bout the Golden Coral because they have a real big buffet and we will visit Bahama Breeze with just the 2 of us; this means the 4 kids will be going out to dinner on their own, any suggestions except for Mc Donalds? We have an other hamburger chain restaurant here in Belgium and aren't real fans of Mc Donalds. It should be a real kids place which will be ok for the older ones as well. Here we have some restaurants with a play area for kids, might be because we didnt bring them last times but I was wondering if those things exist in Orlando as well (preferably around I'Drive) since Vince isnt that good with staying fixed in his chair...
We only plan to visit Epcot (they all visited Paris already) and the Universal parks. We definitely will go to the Rainforest Cafe, which I think is terrific, both food and staff are more than ok and it looks great. The older ones also want to visit Wet 'n' Wild, is there a possibility to get decent food and will it be ok to let them take the youngest without us?
So, if you have any suggestions?
By the way: we visit Orlando end of August
So if you have any suggestions?
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:02 AM

You might want to repost this with the city in the title. Not everyone will open it out of curiosity like me!
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:07 AM

This is Orlando, right? Hard Rock Cafe- decent food, friendly staff, very kid/teen friendly!
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:17 AM

Oh and- if the teens are very responsible, then yes- but if you're at all uneasy, go with them! You may want to ask them if they're willing to take their younger sibling with them... (wetnwild)

Also- on ID, there is a Chuck E.Cheese.
(themed arcade restaurant- pizza, salad, buffet- and large play area!) Food is so-so, depends if you like pizza or not. Good for active kids, teens who like video games/winning prizes, but it may give the parents a headache
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

thanx for the quick response!
yes, it's Orlando and I especially try to make a catchy title so I won't change it. People who've been there will know what it's about with the info I've given. If not, this note will do: Orlando International Drive is where we're heading. Everyone's really excited and can't wait because for the kids it's their first visit out of Europe and me, the first with all four kids together. Anyone suggestions about my 20 year old daughter she never flew and is afraid to. So i was wondering how it will be, does it get better once you're in the air or does it stay bad because then of course you're right above this big ocean!!! I don't wanna ask, she might start looking at things differently and I don't wanna run the risk of it getting worse then.
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 05:30 AM

So- your daughter's 20 and a virgin at flying? Cool! Well, does she get motion sick or have ear problems? If not, she probably won't experience any problems except under extreme turbulence (which I've never experienced. Tell her to take water and GUM. Take off and landing is the worse part- chew gum before and during (several pieces) Drink water to stay calm and hydrated. If she likes music- tell her to take along her cd player/ipod, etc. and plenty of music choice.

It's much better in the air- actually, being above water or really neat landscape is my favorite part of flying. If she's claustrophobic- aisle or window, towards the middle and front of the plane.

Don't worry, really. Flying's not a problem. And even when the experience is negative, the payoff is huge in comparison (travelling thousands of miles in only hours).

Good luck, and safe journey!