Search

Lion King LA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Carolyn

Lion King LA

Is it worth going to? Are there any good places to eat near there before the show? We will have kids with us.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 05:29 AM
xxx

Definitely worth seeing. The kids will love it and it's a good introduction for them into theatrical preformances. Just be aware that if they're too young to sit through a show without disturbing others, it's rude to other show attendees. Nothing worse than plunking out $75 a piece and then have some child cry or babble behind you for 3 hours.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 06:00 AM
Joe

Depending on your kids age, you may consider a matinee which typically have a much larger kids audience so behavior as pointed out above may be tolerated more. If your kids are older or used to theater, the evening show would be better. Try to get an aisle regardless. You'll know why after the show.

Good restaurants in Hollywood? Nope sorry they have all closed, but if you like italian, try Miceli's near Universal Studios on Cahuenga.

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Barbara

Is there a web site I could get more information about Lion King in LA?

Old Sep 11th, 2002, 04:07 PM
joe

The Pig 'n Whistle is nearby and the food is good. I don't think they'd have a kids menu but they do have burgers, sandwiches etc.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:46 AM
susie

My family loved the Lion King! All seats in the theater are wonderful. The theater was beautiful also. We ate at Musso and Franks.My kids love eating there.It's pricey but there is a lot to choose from. The waiters are charming.There is a Johnny Rockets at the Hollywood and Highland complex also. Have fun.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Mar

Musso and Franks is very nice, but I think the ambience would be lost on kids. Yamashiros (Japanese food) up in the Hollywood Hills might be fun for them but you'd have to plan for the drive.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 03:56 PM
no

Please only take kids if they have manners and can sit quietly and enjoy the play. I went to see the show again on Saturday night and barely could hear the music with the two little brats behind me. They cried that they were bored. It only got worse when the kids on the other side of me started to sing loudly.